Areas to buy /avoid carrigaline . Thank you

Philly123

Hi - can I get some help please - we are buying from overseas and need some feedback(good or bad) on the following areas in carrigaline- buying for our young family so need somewhere suitable
Possibilities so far :

Waterpark (kings wood )
Ballinrea Rd (Dun Eoin estate )
Heronswood (Ravensdale / Beechgrove )
Ballea Woods (hawthorn Drive )

Thanks So much for any help with this

I lived in Hawthorn Drive, Ballea Woods, one of the first house purchasers, so I saw them being built. Would definitely recommend the estate. Nice and quiet, and compact. We moved out around 12 years ago, so keep that in mind.
The build quality was very good. Any questions, give me a shout.

The Dun Eoin Estate was built soon afterwards, and backs onto the Hawthorn Drive estate. Houses may be slightly smaller, and the estates are a bit bigger. But depending on budget etc. either would be good.

Both Dun Eoin and Hawthorn Drive have good green/play areas just opposite the houses.

I don't know much about Waterpark and Heronswood, but Waterpark is an older estate, and Heronswood is newer. Both are connecting through roads, so may have more passing traffic. May be an issue with younger children. I have had friends living in both estates, so know the houses are OK, but both have houses on both sides of the road, which, to me, would not be as nice as having a green opposite.

All the estates you suggest are in the same general area, and are on the side of Carrigaline closer to Cork (which is handy for commuting). All are also within walking distance of Carrigaline town.

If it was my choice, I would choose Hawthorn Drive as my first preference (I know I'm biased), but it is a nice small estate, green area across the road, no passing vehicular traffic, and the houses are well built.

I am still living in Carrigaline, so may be able to answer further questions, or drive past any house you are interested in.

I lived in Hawthorn Drive, Ballea Woods, one of the first house purchasers, so I saw them being built. Would definitely recommend the estate. Nice and quiet, and compact. We moved out around 12 years ago, so keep that in mind.
The build quality was very good. Any questions, give me a shout.

The Dun Eoin Estate was built soon afterwards, and backs onto the Hawthorn Drive estate. Houses may be slightly smaller, and the estates are a bit bigger. But depending on budget etc. either would be good.

Both Dun Eoin and Hawthorn Drive have good green/play areas just opposite the houses.

I don't know much about Waterpark and Heronswood, but Waterpark is an older estate, and Heronswood is newer. Both are connecting through roads, so may have more passing traffic. May be an issue with younger children. I have had friends living in both estates, so know the houses are OK, but both have houses on both sides of the road, which, to me, would not be as nice as having a green opposite.

All the estates you suggest are in the same general area, and are on the side of Carrigaline closer to Cork (which is handy for commuting). All are also within walking distance of Carrigaline town.

If it was my choice, I would choose Hawthorn Drive as my first preference (I know I'm biased), but it is a nice small estate, green area across the road, no passing vehicular traffic, and the houses are well built.

I am still living in Carrigaline, so may be able to answer further questions, or drive past any house you are interested in.
Hi Buddyboy,

Just a query regarding Endsleigh, Carriglaine. Is it a decent enough place to live for an expat family? Is it safe?

Hi Abhi0505, yes, it is off the Ballea Road, and would be similar to Hawthorn Drive. The area would be very safe. I'd still recommend it, walking distance to Carrigaline center, including all amenities, (hotel, pubs, leisure centre, church, supermarkets, football pitch, walks etc.).

Back