Are you going to see santa in Lapland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see any jealous rants here myself.

I think dodo was refering to ubiquitous comments :) :-

As a parent of young kids, I have to laugh at this Lapland lark. What's wrong with going to see Santa in the local community centre or shopping centre? Anyone who unnecessarily drags their kids onto Ryanair flights and 10-hour train journeys in the depths of winter should be looked into by Social Services. ;)

Hi Dodo,

It's nice that you have a connection with Finland and to bring the kids there - it obviously means a lot to you. There are other ways that the kids can remember Christmas also - I still have very good memories from when I was a kid e.g. when my brothers put "sleigh marks" on the grass with their bikes and put bits of hay on the shed out the back where the "reindeers" were eating as they were taking off into the sky. I do things like that for my kids and to see the excitement on the faces and they're talking about it for years - the presents they get are easily forgotten about. I think the "make believe and magic" is a very special time in their lives - I personally don't agree with people spending thousands of euro on the trip to lapland.

Link to Finnish Railways below - You would want to be going from Tampere to Rovaniemi, not sure if you can book seats/beds on the net but there is service number you can ring.

http://www.vr.fi/heo/eng/index.html

p.s. with child over 6 make sure you go for familyticket

Last edited:
Also Nearly, the Airport is 20mins in a taxi to the train station,also there are buses from the airport to the train staion,
Regarding the college fund that has started and we do sponsor a child in Africa and have done for some time and if everybody else in the position to do the same then poverty would be a thing of history , So I think the saying all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy . We would never had paid thousands to see Santa but 300Euro sounds like a good and fair price to me.
1c flights still available, so 80€ inc taxes for 3 adults , 1 child. How do you book the train? Can you put up the link for train station?

The guideline is clear

Controversy and argument are welcome. But please keep your comments civil. Attack an opinion by all means, but please don't attack the person expressing the opinion. Use of profanities (even those that are self censored - like t**s for example) will result in the post being edited or deleted.
I certainly haven't broken it. I'll leave it to others to decide if you have.

I certainly don't think Dodo has. How about one of your earlier statements?

Anyone who unnecessarily drags their kids onto Ryanair flights and 10-hour train journeys in the depths of winter should be looked into by Social Services.

I think Dodo's idea is great. Dodo do you fancy bringing a 36 year old overgrown child along???:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back