Are there any decent newspaper left?

Re: Is there any decent newspaper left?

I gave up reading the Irish Times when one of its reporters spouted politics time + time again in its sports coloumns. It may have been a good paper 30 or 40 years ago but not now.

It has it's faults and I'm certainly not saying it's perfect - but I'd be interested to know what you would consider to be a better alternative.

I think those papers spewing sensationalist rubbish about that poor family should be sued.
I hope that Ukranian woman takes them to the cleaners over coverage of the crash which killed Liam Lawlor.

I think those papers spewing sensationalist rubbish about that poor family should be sued.
I hope that Ukranian woman takes them to the cleaners over coverage of the crash which killed Liam Lawlor.

She did - and received at least one substantial libel settlement. What on earth for, I don't know as I can't understand how her reputation could have been damaged in the first instance. As a middle-aged Ukranian woman, she could hardly have been mistaken too many times subsequently as a teenage Moscow prostitute.

Not much use for local news but The Economist is the best weekly newspaper.

Back