Approved by Sth Dublin CoCo for affordable housing some Qs?

O

ontheup

I have just been approved by south Dublin county council for the affordable housing scheme.I have been told i'll have to wait for houses /apartments to become available in the lucan clondakin area but that is all they will tell me .So i have a few questions that maybe some of you can answer.

1)I applied on my own,so am i likely to get a one bedroom apartment or does anybody know of any cases where this wasn't so?
2)does anyone know if there are any new developments in the area mentioned where there is an allocation of these houses as not all new developments have them. as the builder can pay cash instead.
3)how much are they likely to be.I know this is likely to vary but i have no idea does anyone have any stories from friends etc.

title expanded by ajapale
thanks, please don't ask me to go back to sdcc and ask as the Freemasons are more open!

Re: Approved by Sth Dublin CoCo for affordable housing some

thanks club man ,but sdcc's website doesn't tell you where the houses will be,how much they cost or size of house/apartment per number of applicants.
so maybe some posters might be able tell me of their experiences or stories of Friends.sorry for rattling on but im excited about eventually being able to afford a roof over my head but would like to know "where"," how much"and how big the roof will be.

Re: Approved by Sth Dublin CoCo for affordable housing some

Dont get your hopes up just yet. There is probably a very big waiting list or lottery in operation for the houses that do come up. I was on Fingal CoCo list for over 3 years before I accepted something suitable. I did have offers before then but who wants a 1 bed appartment in the burbs!

i am thinking of applying for the fingal co co affordable scheme... does amyone know what estates are broing offered in malahide/swords area as the URL. hasn't been updated. was hoping for a 2 bed, is that feasible? (i am applying on my own) any advice on the process is welcome!! thanks

What happens is that an estate is built with an array of 1, 2, 3 bed houses/apts. You will then be invited to apply for one. The houses are then allocated by (open) lottery at which you will be invited to attend if you so wish. It can take up to a year or two for the schemes to take off I'm afraid so as said by an earlier post, dont get your hopes up.

Nice work. I applied with both SDCC and Fingal . . .over the space of about 6 months I was offered to view places in Lucan, Swords, Malahide, Tyrellstown. I did find Fingal a bit easier to deal with then SDCC.

can you apply to more than 1 county council office ????

and what if you refuse a place are you at the bottom of the list again ?

paddy

I was thinking of applying for an affordable house in South Dublin but am a bit confused. I earn about €43,000 so I thought I was over the threshold. But when I contacted the county council they said I would qualify for category 2 and could be waiting awhile for a house. Has anyone ever heard of this?

Can someone explain to me how the clawback works on the affordable scheme with an example? Also what is the difference between part V and the other affordable housing schemes?

colc1 said:
Can someone explain to me how the clawback works on the affordable scheme with an example? Also what is the difference between part V and the other affordable housing schemes?

Have a look at the leaflets on the county council website. If I remember correctly there are examples given there. Basically if you sell the house within so many years they take back a percentage of the money you get as you sell it at the market value but you got it for less. The percentage taken decreases with time for up to 20 years I think but it could be less time because it's a while since I looked at it.

Shared Ownership works in a similar fashion.

firsttimebuy said:
I was thinking of applying for an affordable house in South Dublin but am a bit confused. I earn about €43,000 so I thought I was over the threshold. But when I contacted the county council they said I would qualify for category 2 and could be waiting awhile for a house. Has anyone ever heard of this?

It's based on last years income - P21 balancing statement amount.
Were you earning less then? Never heard of category 2.
Why not ring them and ask.

Best of luck.

>>can you apply to more than 1 county council office ????
and what if you refuse a place are you at the bottom of the list again ?<<

You can apply with as many as you like but they all work differently.

Never heard of someone on 43k being eligibile, interesting.

The clawback is a formula. Take the discount you get when buying as a percentage of the market price at the time. You will have to pay back that percentage of the price you sell at. After 10 years of ownership the percentage goes down gradually, after 20years you pay nothing back.

>>Also what is the difference between part V and the other affordable housing schemes?<<

Don't know really but I found that the council look at your situation and what you want and are in a better position to tell you which scheme you should go for.

A

Category Group 2

He/she is in need of housing and satisfies the following income test;

Single income household:

In the last income tax year, gross income (before tax) did not exceed €46,000

Two income household:

The eligibility of a household with two earners is determined by a formula, which takes account of the gross income (before tax), in the last income tax year, of the principal (greater) earner and the subsidiary (lesser) earner as follows:

Where two and a half times the income of the principal earner plus once the income of the subsidiary earner does not exceed €115,000.00, the household is eligible.

Does anyone know if on Dun Laoghaire Rathdowns affordable housinbg scheme can you rent a a room out,

Thanks,
C

I applied to all 4 dublin councils fingal has definitly got the best scheme, you can refuse and they dont penalise you and they go on the basis of first come 1st serve not on how many sprogs you have etc. so I would recommend it, but they are very strict when it comes to supplying all your financial details(have to I suppose)

Back