Anyone think "Harvey Norman" will be the next victim of this recession?

Re: Anyone think "Havery Norman" will be the next victim of this recession?

How about a review of the costs. Last week iLife08 from them cost €80 while Llife 09 costs €79 direct from apple. And hearing wow harvey wow on the radio at 715am makes me resent them even more.

Its time for them to go.

Looks like it's only a matter of time:

[broken link removed]

Do these guys ever do any market research or talk to potential customers?

Do they not realise that having the most irritating advert in the world projects a very negative image of the company which ultimately translates into a drop in sales?

Do they not realise that having adverts which smack of desperation give the public the impression that this is a company on the rocks so it is too risky to order goods from them?

Do these guys ever do any market research or talk to potential customers?

Do they not realise that having the most irritating advert in the world projects a very negative image of the company which ultimately translates into a drop in sales?

Do they not realise that having adverts which smack of desperation give the public the impression that this is a company on the rocks so it is too risky to order goods from them?

Exactly! I hate the "we will haggle" line in their ads. This suggests they have overpriced their goods in order to give some customers who shout loudest a discount while overcharging the rest! Just bring down your prices and more people will shop there.

While the ads are terrible i must say that in the past i would not dream of asking for anything off the price. I feel harvey has now made it acceptable to haggle and today i was buying a kettle for 59.90 euro and when pleaded with my dire financial position i was given it for 50euro. So for that thanks to harvey!!

I've just had a client in and the subject of HN came up and she said that from the beginning the ads irritated her so much she would never go in there, purely for that reason. The present WOW ad has her almost at boiling point grating like fingernails on a blackboard. I guess the market researchers should ask more people before running these things.

While the ads are terrible i must say that in the past i would not dream of asking for anything off the price. I feel harvey has now made it acceptable to haggle and today i was buying a kettle for 59.90 euro and when pleaded with my dire financial position i was given it for 50euro. So for that thanks to harvey!!

Not to rain on your parade but any chance that item is available for less than €50 elsewhere ? I've been there a few times and always found them dear n relation to other electrical outlets.

Do these guys ever do any market research
Ireland is their market research as far as I can remember, there intention was to see how they can break into the UK market. It seems they're big and brash enough to take this expensive option.

Find it handy as a place to browse especially for cheaper electronics or for the stuff that's priced identically everywhere. Their range is pretty good.
More expensive stuff I'll research and probably buy online anyway.

Furniture wise their stuff looks a little dated, I'd guess they do better on the electrical side.

I've just had a client in and the subject of HN came up and she said that from the beginning the ads irritated her so much she would never go in there, purely for that reason. The present WOW ad has her almost at boiling point grating like fingernails on a blackboard. I guess the market researchers should ask more people before running these things.
The ads grate on me so much-I sometimes switch off the radio when I hear the ad starting.

Back