Anyone having problems with Quickbooks since last update?

Pia Bang

Just wondering if anyone is experiencing problems with Quickbooks since the last update around 19/06/2008?

We are using Quickbooks Premier Accountant Edition 2008

I have the following problems:

When I look at the VAT 100 report and click on the 'box 4' figure, invoices entered after a certain date have multiple decimal point places.

In addition to this, when I try to export the report to excel, once I hit export, the figures in the 'net amount' column disappear from the quickbooks report and don't export to excel. Again this does not apply to all figures but seems to apply only to bills entered after a certain date.

We have a support contract with Quickbooks and I spoke to them for approximately 2hrs yesterday. They say they can't help any further and if we want any more assistance we have to pay GBP£500 - £1200 (depending on timeframe) to speak to their data recovery department.

I think it's a Quickbooks issue as we have only experienced these problems since the new update went through, however, they are insisting it's not. So I wanted to check with other Quickbooks users to ascertain this.

We have the problem accross multiple companies and have had no errors when verifying data.

I would appreciate any responses.

Regards
Pia Bang

Last edited:
Does this version not come with support?

As I have already stated, we have a support contract with them and I have already spoken to the support team for 2hrs yesterday, they went through a few things with me and have now told me that they cannot help any more unless we are willing to pay a minimum of £500 to speak to their data recovery team.

I can't see how it is a problem for data recovery when the data is there and only disappears when we try to export it.

In addition to this, when I try to export the report to excel, once I hit export, the figures in the 'net amount' column disappear from the quickbooks report and don't export to excel. Again this does not apply to all figures but seems to apply only to bills entered after a certain date.
As a short term workaround could you copy and past the data from Quickbooks to Excel?
I think it's a Quickbooks issue as we have only experienced these problems since the new update went through, however, they are insisting it's not. So I wanted to check with other Quickbooks users to ascertain this.
Can you install it on another machine to test in case the issue is machine specific?

When I look at the VAT 100 report and click on the 'box 4' figure, invoices entered after a certain date have multiple decimal point places.
Could that be a regional settings issue - i.e. different formatting of the numbers for another locale?

You can't copy & paste the data from QB to excel, you have to use the 'export' function.

QB is already set up on all our PC's and the data is accessed through a central server, so the same issues are happening from all PC's & across all companies, but just on items entered after a certain date.

We've also gone through all the settings in preferences and have been unable to find any settings that relate to decimal places.

Most of the fixes that QB tried with me yesterday related to the data disappearing after export and not the decimal place issue.

Thanks for the responses though....

Back