Anyone been to Ikea recently ? I know what I want and I want to get in & out quickly.

huskerdu

Planning a trip to Ikea. I know what I want and I want to get in and out
as quickly as possible.

I assume it is busier at weekends, but is it worth getting there early
on Saturday or Sunday or is it busy all day.
Are weekday evenings better ?

We went on a wednesday morning recently as were told weekends are too busy. Got there in time for opening at 11am. There was a queue- about maybe 50/60 people, but the shop is so massive that once you get in you don't notice. We knew what we were going for- about 4/5 items so we were out in our car by 12 noon. If I had lingered I would have bought a lot more so it's just as well to get in and out quickly.

Weekday evenings (Mon - Thur) after 6 are the best time to go in my opinion, much quieter and you sometimes have parts of the shop all to yourself and the restaurant is also very quiet too.

Weekends are way too busy I made that mistake a couple of times. Now I pop in on an evening mid week about 6pm (dinnertime for most) and it's no bother to get in and out quickly. Also you don't have to walk through all the show rooms etc if you have the code for the products you want so that would save you time.

Depends on your travel time there and back.

I live about 15/20 minutes away and, the last time I needed something there, was up and back inside about 90 minutes. At 7:30 / 8:00 PM, there's not too many others around.

Also you don't have to walk through all the show rooms etc

+1

If you need something in the Market Hall, go up the escalator and then cut straight over to the stairs, next to the restaurant, back down to the Hall.

I don't know why anyone would be keen to go near Ikea at anytime!

I agree. I want a particular product which Ikea sell and ideally don't want to go there at all.

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I think the most painless way will be 7pm some evening.

i usually go in the afternoon, between 2.30 - 3.30 and has been really quiet, kids being picked up in school etc and between 6.30 7.30 dinner time has been very handy also and can park really close