AIB Any thoughts on if/when the FSPO might publish his decision on this?

tnegun

I think it would be of huge benefit to us in taking this further to see the details of the finding any ideas if/when if might happen?

I agree. Even though we know the basic outcome of the decision, I want to read the full legally binding decision. I do not understand the reasoning behind the 12% write down plus refund of interest, but with no compensation or tracker!

I have been checking their website every day, and nothing. I also emailed the FSPO in April and got these responses:

"Thank you for your inquiry. All published decisions can be found on our decisions database on our website at https://www.fspo.ie/decisions/
Section 62 of the Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman Act 2017, provides the FSPO with the power to publish legally binding decisions in relation to complaints against financial service providers.
The legislation requires that decisions should be published in a manner that ensures that a complainant is not identified by name, address or otherwise and a provider is not identified by name or address.
As a result, I cannot point you in the direction of a specific decision relating to AIB, as all decisions listed on our website are anonymised. You can however, use the search fields to search for banking and mortgage related decisions.
If you have any further queries please don’t hesitate to ask."

and after my second question:

"We have published decisions with each release of our Ombudsman’s Digest of Decisions https://www.fspo.ie/publications/
We do not publish them automatically, within a certain timeframe from issuing the decision."

I understand that they are compiling another digest of tracker decisions and they will be published later this month or in early August.

It's a bit tricky for them as it's not just about AIB. They have probably issued some other important tracker decisions which we don't know about. They have to wait until 35 days after the final decision has been made before they can publish it.

Brendan

Back