anti snoring device

Status
Not open for further replies.

car

following on from another thread... i was looking to purchase a device to help relieve apnea and snoring. seen this watch type thingy in one of those Kleeneze books they drop in the door. You wear it at night, it picks up the sound of the snore, gives the wrist a gentle buzz which is supposed to be enough for you to turn over and hence not be in the same position where youd be snoring. anyone tried it and can comment on its usefulness?

there is a snore ring that works apparently...

diet can have a big effect on snoring - dairy & wheaten products.

Most of the [broken link removed] stuff is very expensive but some of their items are not readily available in the shops. Can's see that watch in the catalogue. IMHO something that gives you a slight shock (buzz) would not be a good idea as surely it must be waking you up each time?

The golf ball in the top seems as good an idea

[broken link removed]

thanks sue, I cant see it in that catalog either, I was in someones house last week when I seen it when browsing through what I thought the kleeneze catalog but may be mistaken. It might have been similar mag by a rival company. Its for the brother, I roomed with him last weekend when away with the lads, as inebriated as i was i didnt get much sleep..

Sounds like that watch thing works on the assumption that the position you sleep in is causing the snoring. My other half snores no matter what so things like that don't work. Thinking of trying that silen night ring though, as the last thing to waste our money on before having to take drastic action.........(don't know what that is yet...)

Hi car,

[broken link removed] is the other main catalogue around and they don't appear to have a watch either.

If your partner snores constantly you mightwant to read this. Sleep aponea is a serious problem if left untreated.

Presently, although there are some 4,500 / 5,000 patients diagnosed in Ireland with Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA), European Union medical research indicates that somewhere in the region of 55/60,000 people in Ireland actually suffer from the disorder, ranging from mild to severe. A layman’s definition of Sleep Apnoea is ‘the cessation of breathing during sleep

[broken link removed]

I snore very badly and in the past have used this item from Boots. It's a simple spray for the back of the throat.

Works a treat. Completely stops any snoring at all.

the watch thingy was on sale recently in the gadget shop in jervis st shopping centre - it says it doesn't wake you, just makes you move a tad which stops the snore....

thats the one alright. Podge, you cant remember how much it was in the jervis? It was 30 something euro in that mag (which Im determined to find the name of now). After a quick google, I found it online

...also on that site, too good not to post... the bottom reformulator cushion...

[broken link removed]

I bought one of these for my hubby and it does the trick.

Kiddo said:
[broken link removed]

I bought one of these for my hubby and it does the trick.

We bought this after reading the above. Another waste of money. Doesn't seem to be any magic cure and what makes me sick is the amount of stupid devices available that desperate suckers (like me) keep shelling out for in the hope of stopping the snoring.

Maybe its a case of what works for one might not work for another?. For my hubby it had to be placed on the fatty bit of his nostrils iykwim...so maybe try some different spots.

I've been posting on this site for a long time and wouldn't have recommended this product if it didn't work for us...I certainly have nothing to gain by recommending this product

Just as a matter of interest, what do people do if their partners are bad snorers, and you cant sleep with the noise? Do people just put up with it and live with chronic sleep deprivation night after night?

I ask, since I am a really light sleeper and the slightest noise wakes me up. I simply wouldnt be able to share a room with a snorer. I can imagine it must cause a lot of stress in a relationship.

Sorry Kiddo, I didn't mean to make it sound as though I was blaming you for the thing not working just peed off that it didn't work for my own husband.

Ragazza in answer to your question, sometimes earplugs work, sometimes someone ends up moving in the middle of the night. It is a terrible thing!

Hi there,
I'm going to get the Silent Knight Ring tomorrow. First test tomorrow night. Had a gadget that one inserts in the nose. It seemed to work but left it at my partners house, he did a clean up and it could not be found again.....

Will post back here after the first week or so using the ring.

M

Status
Not open for further replies.