Another Lisbon treaty referendum

Agreed . Its not about scaremongering, its about accepting that there will be repurcussions to voting no and considering this when you make your choice.

Lisbon transfers another sizable tranche of competencies to the EU; many areas where vetoes now apply will be switched to QMV; The QMV weighting is to be rebalanced to favour the larger states. The main function of National Parliaments will be, if it isn't already, to transcribe EU law (proposed by an unelected commission) into local law. There is no genuine substantive difference between the the EU Constitution and the Lisbon Treaty. Lisbon was a mechanism to avoid referenda following the rejection of the EU Constitution by the French and Dutch people.
To suggest that the people of all 27 countries will never be consulted again if Lisbon is passed and will become part of a federal state against their will is simply wrong and dare I say it scaremongering.
For Lisbon only 1 of 27 Governments consulted its people. No future treaty will ever be put to the people of any EU member as, obviously, the people can't be trusted; so much for "the people have spoken . . the b@stards".

My own quaint sensibilities are at negative odds with issues such as abortion, divorce and conscription. Why, if these are my life-long held beliefs, would I vote to allow these into Ireland by the back door by voting 'Yes' to the LT??
I thought we had divorce here. Anyway we have legal guarantees against the other abominations. This in no way changes the treaty, the abominations weren't there in the first place. The quaint 17th century aspect is that Ireland seems to see these abominations in every form of progress.

Nem, you argue your case well if somewhat long windedly.

The plain fact of the matter is that if we don't roll over and accept Lisbon then it is DEAD in the water and our interests have a better chance of being heard and taken into account in future.
You're very naive if you believe that.