Angry delegate tells minister she's left with just €94 per week

Hi DerKaiser,

As a matter of interest where did you get the 400,000 figure for public sector workers? I thought it was 369,000? Do you reckon that the government will employ those extra PS people?

Whenever I use figures I'm pretty loose in the rounding so long as the basic point is the same

we all lost the plot and were part of the giant pyramid scheme.... as a teacher and from my experience my colleagues are grateful to be in a job and the teacher conferences were not a true or accurate reflection of the mood or expectations of the members of the profession...

the girl in question is bound to be very annoyed as are others in private sector who are being squeezed in a similar way. a few years ago being a teacher was not such a glamourous or lucrative place to be. I had to listen to my private sector friends discuss share options and big salaries and also had to pay the plumber more than i pay my gp.

We need to rebuild this country and hopefully learn from the mistakes we all made... public service needs major reform and wages have to fall to make the whole system work. however when we pick up we need to have systems in place to ensure that working people can afford a basic house -

Back