Anglo Pay Raises

Closing them down will cost between 22 and 35 billion. Recapitalising them and getting them working right again will cost 9 billion. Paying a few people a few more quid is the least of Anglo's problems, overall they are cutting the wage bill, thats the most important statistic.

Sorry but the most important statistic to me is, this bank is broke, they are looking for a €9bn bailout and they want to give staff payrises...

Closing them down will cost between 22 and 35 billion. Recapitalising them and getting them working right again will cost 9 billion. Paying a few people a few more quid is the least of Anglo's problems, overall they are cutting the wage bill, thats the most important statistic.

How sure are you of those figures. I don't believe anyone at all knows how much all this is going to cost.

Everyone I know in Ireland who still has a job is working harder than ever on less money to pay for the mess that Anglo has created and I don't see why any of their staff should be any different. In fact those geniuses who got Ireland into a recession are not talented whatsoever and what loss would they be. Where exactly are they going to get other jobs? AIB or BofI?

The geniuses that caused the mess have by and large left Anglo at this stage. Middle management and lower paid staff didnt cause the problems at Anglo.

The figures quoted of 22 to 35 billion come from Mike Aynsley who was the government appointed head of Anglo. He came from outside of the Irish lending system so hes not trying to cover up any past mistake he made.

I feel its right that if people have to take on management work that they be paid more. On the flip side though I understand why people are against any pay rises. In hindsight the rises have caused too much morale damage to the public servants to be justified.

Back