Anglo Irish Bank Assessor

Branz

Got correspondence, as a shareholder, inviting me to make a submission by March 29th.
Is it worth making a submission? I need to look for the share certs..
Thanks as always.
ps my apologies if it has been dealt with elsewhere.

@Brendan Burgess is right.

This is probably some regulatory or compliance activity.

I cannot see how any shareholders would ever gain anything given that bondholders (and I think even some depositors) were stung, not to mention the state putting in so much.

I got the letter too. A ‘process’ step to be completed and unlikely to yield anything. I will put my hat in anyway.
I was surprised to find this still going on. That said, I never got anything to say the shares had a nil value, something I thought the Minister of Finance was going to circulate?
Maybe this will lead to that. I regard them as having nil value and declared as full loss to revenue two years ago, but have no gain to offset the loss against.

Just a reminder in case anyone wants to make a submission on this - the deadline for input is tomorrow.

So what is the reason for recent letters to former shareholders signed by David Tynan, Assessor under the Anglo Irish Bank Corporation Act 2009.?
Does it mean there is some hope of a cash refund?

Thanks for the info above. This question has probably been answered here somewhere so please forgive if I repeat.
Is it possible to offset the loss from Anglo shares against a profit from Ryan Air shares which I am about to sell?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Johnnytwoshoes,

Yes, you can write off the loss on the Anglo shares against the gain you have on the Ryanair shares.

Remember too you have a CGT limit of €1,270 per annum for shares.

Best,

Opus 2018.

Back