Amazon -With battery return

dohouch

Amazon give me a product return address in Slovakia. An Post won't take on a package that includes a battery.
I have 2 faulty fit bands to return, weight 100 grams,
How to get it back to them?
Anybody had this experience and solved it.
DPD quoted €39.

An Post delivered an item from amazon.co.uk containing multiple batteries to me last Wednesday. It had a big label on it saying it contained batteries and I had to answer the door to accept it from the postman as it wouldn't fit in the letterbox.

Amazon give me a product return address in Slovakia. An Post won't take on a package that includes a battery.
I have 2 faulty fit bands to return, weight 100 grams,
How to get it back to them?
Anybody had this experience and solved it.
DPD quoted €39.
Had that problem. I'm surprised you even found a courier to take it. Ignoring the charges for a moment, as soon as the couriers heard it was a faulty battery the answer was a straight no.

I spent a good 45 minutes on the phone, eventually getting through to somebody senior enough in Amazon, explaining the problem over and over, that they issued a refund. I disposed of the battery myself.

An Post has delivered at least three items with rechargeable batteries to our home this year. And two of them were returned (one faulty, one unsuitable) to the UK, also via An Post. Batteries were never enquired after nor mentioned. I find Amazon webchat works very well - once you manage to get past the bot to a human, you're away. I've had a satisfactory outcome on most issues like that.

An Post WILL deliver what arrives in Ireland from Amazon. The issue is the Post WON'T take on a package going off the island. Irish Amazon customer need an Amazon return address on the island, I .e. the Irish Amazon fulfillment centre.

An Post WILL deliver what arrives in Ireland from Amazon. The issue is the Post WON'T take on a package going off the island. Irish Amazon customer need an Amazon return address on the island, I .e. the Irish Amazon fulfillment centre.
Did the post office refuse your parcel because the label description mentions battery? If so could you try a different post pffice?

Just last month I returned a pair of faulty lights to Amazon, to a UK address. I've checked the returns label and part of the description clearly states "rechargeable battery". I had no problem sending it via a local post office, and there was no hold up in receiving the refund, including postage costs. Same thing earlier this year, except that returns postage was pre-paid.

If this doesn't work - or isn't the issue - then I'd ring or webchat to Amazon for a solution as was previously suggested here. In my experience they usually do their best to help.

Thinking outside the box.
My " If so could you try a different post pffice?" is 50 Kms and an hour by bus distant.
But might try it, if I'm heading that way, but won't be doing it to oblige Amazon. Amazon do try to help, but my email requesting that they would refund €39 courier cost has not been answered at all,at'tall

Back