Amazon Affiliate online Courses

Jack Frost

Hi All,

I am seeking advice regarding an online course that my daughter wants to buy which claims to show you how to become a successful online seller with Amazon's Affiliate programme.. The course is called "Marketplace Superheroes" or MPSH for short. It cost about €1000.00. My daughter just finished a college course this year and is furloughed now since March, she has done a lot of research looking into doing online selling through Amazon.

I have looked at the "Marketplace Superheroes" website and it is fronted by two Irish men, and they have numerous videos on Youtube and a comprehensive website, on the face of it they make it sound easy to earn a good income by online selling and they claim that its a no brainer. I have looked at some of their videos and they sell it well and they come across as pretty genuine.

My daughter has asked me for advice and while I am no expert on online selling when I started to explore a little I see there are any number of people trying to sell various shapes of course for online selling that claim to be foolproof, I have looked for reviews of "Marketplace Superheroes" online, and I found lots of very positive reviews however they seem to be sponsored reviews or reviews carried out by other online sellers who are trying to sell you various courses and it is difficult to find any independent observations.

My fear is that if she goes ahead and spends the €1000.00 that there will be further add on hard sells to get her to spend more money on the course without actually getting any financial return even though she realises that there would be expenses with buying products and storage and shipping etc..if she went ahead with it.

I would be grateful if anyone can shed any light specifically on this "Marketplace Superheroes" programme or more generally on whether or not these courses are of much benefit.

Jake

Thank you for the reply, yes I see there is a huge amount of courses available providing advice for Affiliate selling on Amazon, and they range in price from $99 to $5000.... I have had a look at a few of them, and it is very difficult to decipher the good from the not so good, the one my daughter is leaning towards is Marketplace Superheroes as it appears genuine, and seems to offer a step by step guide and is fronted by two Irish guys.

I'm nearly sure Amazon have their own affiliate programme. Other services that benefit from affiliate references might also have their own tutorials like Shopify. I'd be shocked if there werent a million youtube series explainers to watch as well. A lot of bloggers make money re-packaging services like "10 steps to affiliate success". I'd bet my hat that the review sites have struck a deal with MSH and have gained a load of backlinks or traffic as a result.
No experience about your above mentioned course but based on the name it looks like one of those. I'd suggest to commence her own research first, but sometimes its just easier to pay the money and take a punt! Maybe it's good and will shortcut her own research

I'm nearly sure Amazon have their own affiliate programme. Other services that benefit from affiliate references might also have their own tutorials like Shopify. I'd be shocked if there werent a million youtube series explainers to watch as well. A lot of bloggers make money re-packaging services like "10 steps to affiliate success". I'd bet my hat that the review sites have struck a deal with MSH and have gained a load of backlinks or traffic as a result.
No experience about your above mentioned course but based on the name it looks like one of those. I'd suggest to commence her own research first, but sometimes its just easier to pay the money and take a punt! Maybe it's good and will shortcut her own research

Thanks NewGuy...

Yes its true that Amazon do have their own affiliate programmes, and yes there seems to be hundreds of bloggers reviewing and promoting all sorts of ecommerce courses, however it is difficult to determine the veracity of their reviews as they stand to gain a percentage cut for giving a positive review, so it is impossible to get an independent and honest assessment of the product. Anyway she has decided to go with the Marketplace Superheroes and take a punt , as you say.

I think the money would be better spent doing something like this

Worth looking at coursera.org. I took some of these online courses a couple of years in computing and engineering topics. Some of these courses are delivered by top universities and they provide courses across all disciplines. In this context, courses refer to short time frames (6 to 10 weeks) on specific topics.

Just did a quick search and they have a range of courses in digital marketing. Some of the courses fall under a reasonable pricing model of < 100 dollars a month and you can get a certificate. In general, the delivery is really good and forum interactions can provide a really good experience on courses that have a large number of active participants.

Need to have lots of spare time and self-discipline to complete these courses!

which claims to show you how to become a successful online seller with Amazon's Affiliate programme.. The course is called "Marketplace Superheroes" or MPSH for short. It cost about €1000.00.

There's no real rocket science to this. You need to attract huge volumes of people to purchase stuff from Amazon via affiliate links on your website or social media.

The hard work is in building a compelling platform or social media presence that attracts a massive following and then hoping some of them buy stuff from Amazon.

Selling training telling people how to do is likely a far easier way of making money.

Don't spend 1,000. This is not rocket science, but it is a lot harder than people make out on youtube. However, there is so many free resources online to learn about it. As @Leo points out affiliate links require the person to have a social media presence that has a large following in the thousands. The other option is dropshipping, but I am not sure it is viable in Ireland.

Thanks for your replies and advice, so I have persuaded her to look at other options and she is checking out the e-marketing courses you mentioned above. And yes Leo and Dublinbay I agree with you that it is probably more difficult to make money by affiliate marketing than they say in their Youtube blogs...and actually I have just discovered that the programme she was was looking at may have actually been dropshipping as opposed to affiliate marketing. it was called Amazon FBA I think the difference being that for dropshipping you pay a monthly amount to Amazon and they take care of storage and delivery and customer services, and you buy the products on Alibaba and sell your products on the Amazon website, however as I understand it with affiliate marketing you get a percentage for highlighting and promoting other peoples products on social media if the product is sold.

In any event my daughter has decided to do a proper e-marketing course to learn more about the subject. Thanks again for your advices..

and you buy the products on Alibaba and sell your products on the Amazon website

That's already a crowded market and risky due to regular quality issues. Returns could eat into profits. If there's a particular product type she's interested in selling, buy a few from different sellers on AliExpress and review the quality. If the items are electrical, make sure that CE certification is genuine!

Also, I think that your that your daughter would benefit from following the youtube channel by Mike Winnet from the UK. Many of these online courses are either outright scams or selling information that is either terrible, or freely available, at exorbitant prices. Mike's channel highlights how all these people selling courses are preying on people, in economically precarious situations, to part with their remaining savings, to the point that many course buyers rack up thousands in debt and end up committing suicide. Mike covers all the tricks that these scammers use to sell their programmes (be it Amazon affiliate courses, or Property courses) in a way that I think is both entertaining and educational (contrepreneur bingo), and more importantly, FREE!!

I honestly think things like this should be taught in schools.

Also, on Amazon affiliate marketing, to quote from the description of one of Mike's videos:

Ever thought... “If you’re making so much money from Affiliate Marketing” why would you want to tell the world about it? Why have you decided to dedicate your time helping complete strangers become your competitors?”

Any connection?
I don't think so, I follow the mentioned channel also and it doesn't look for money anywhere, rather highlights all these kind of pseudo scams / piramdi schemes that people fall for.

I don't think so, I follow the mentioned channel also and it doesn't look for money anywhere, rather highlights all these kind of pseudo scams / piramdi schemes that people fall for.

More view = more money.

More view = more money.
Fair enough but if you check it out briefly, it doesn't seem like the kind of channel that would join a foreign message board just to promote itself. It would negatively affect its credibility for one!

Fair enough but if you check it out briefly, it doesn't seem like the kind of channel that would join a foreign message board just to promote itself. It would negatively affect its credibility for one!

Nope, traffic volumes & patterns on AAM means sites referenced or linked here will rise up the google rankings. We deal with similar attempts on a regular basis. That user has viewed this thread since but did not answer my question, so I have removed it.

Nope, traffic volumes & patterns on AAM means sites referenced or linked here will rise up the google rankings. We deal with similar attempts on a regular basis. That user has viewed this thread since but did not answer my question, so I have removed it.
Em, I didn't answer because it wasn't clear to me that you were directing it at me, due to the question's hidden antecedent, or at others viewing the thread (e.g. any connection... to something that had been discussed before by others within the thread and unbeknownst to me?). And the answer is that I have no connection to that youtube channel. I just think that they inform younger viewers of the trending scams and how to spot them, as I imagine many are aware of the standard 'Nigerian Prince' one, but would still fall for 'Amazon affiliate marketing course' scams because it's a scam in new clothing. And the frightening thing is that scammers are advertising on youtube all the time, but Google happily takes their advertising money.

Anyway, I'll just point to a public source of info instead, if that's okay, citizensinformation, where they have a section on 'how to avoid scams'.

Edit: And ironically, doesn't the OP's post drive traffic to that Amazon Affiliate course? So, will that course name be censored?

Last edited:
Back