Alternatives to Simply Wall Street?

horusd

I use this tool for investments in stocks as a guide. The price has rocketed from 85 to 192 STG in recent times. Just wondering does anyone recommend any alternatives which give good analysis and portfolio tips? I also don't particularly like its pretty clunky Portfolio management tools. They feel like an after thought.

Good one Brendan :D , tho in all seriousness, the Simply Wall street app does give good company information in easy and importantly, quick to analyze form, I just wondered if people were using other apps/sites as investment tools? There are a host of them, including the likes of yahoo 'premium' and I was interested in seeing what sources of information investors are relying on. More and more, I think we'll be doing this ourselves in terms of portfolio management, so appropriate tools are key.

Fool.com

So far those 2 brothers and their team look like geniouses to me. Will this last? Only time will tell...

Motley Fool is quite entertaining but recommendations should be taken with a grain of salt. The US site relentlessly recommends highly speculative growth stocks that have never made a profit. Many never will.
Motley Fool UK contributors have a enduring love affair with GlaxoSmithKline despite the fact its share price was much higher in 1998!

Motley Fool UK contributors have a enduring love affair with GlaxoSmithKline despite the fact its share price was much higher in 1998!
GSK has a dividend yield >6%. It doesn't need a growth in share price to be an attractive investment for some people.

The dividend yield is high because the share price keeps falling. The actual dividend has been static for years. A cut is on the cards. Capital depreciation is never good unless you intend to buy and hold forever.

Back