Health Insurance Alternative on renewing Simplicity policies with Laya

Fortunately, Connect Simplicity seems to have escaped an increase this time. It still has the private room in private hospitals and has very good out patients benefits with cap of €1500.
Cost €1653.44.
However, it does have the 20% ortho shortfall.

Which got me thinking, how prevalent is the need for joint replacment, and should it be a deterrent for avoiding these otherwise great policies that fo have the shortfall.
I read there's approximately 6000 such operations each year and the shortfall payable is anything from €2000 to €4000.
I think it may be cheaper to save the shortfall rather than pay the higher prices for policies that don't have it.

Fortunately, Connect Simplicity seems to have escaped an increase this time. It still has the private room in private hospitals and has very good out patients benefits with cap of €1500.
Cost €1653.44.
However, it does have the 20% ortho shortfall.

Which got me thinking, how prevalent is the need for joint replacment, and should it be a deterrent for avoiding these otherwise great policies that fo have the shortfall.
I read there's approximately 6000 such operations each year and the shortfall payable is anything from €2000 to €4000.
I think it may be cheaper to save the shortfall rather than pay the higher prices for policies that don't have it.

This probably depends on age and lifestyle factors - if very sporty or prone to joint issues might be worth the full cover. But if young and not very active in contact sports etc might be worth the risk
Must take a look at connect simplicity - cheers
Am I right that laya now cover the new cancer drugs like VHI without any delay now unlike previously? Anyone experienced this?

Back