All-Ireland Soccer League: What do people think?

The "community activists" are still the ones responsible for security in the Brandywell. Although after recent trouble after the last Rovers - Derry match, someone revealed that plain clothes PSNI are in the ground during matches. Not sure in what capacity though (ie do they actively intervene or merely monitor, I strongly suspect they don't nor wouldn't intervene)

No, still no police in the Brandywell (and I very much doubt there are plain clothes ones in there either). They possibly may be involved in some capacity when likes of Linfield and Glentoran come down - and indeed they may be in among their fans for all we know, but I would say any involvement would be in watching fans outside/on route.

The stewarding is done by volunteers at the Brandywell. Not sure if this is the same as 'community activists' as you call them. This sounds to me like you are hinting at something. There was also some different stewards this year who were provided by the Eircom League, and these guys might be paid for their work.

The "community activists" are still the ones responsible for security in the Brandywell. Although after recent trouble after the last Rovers - Derry match, someone revealed that plain clothes PSNI are in the ground during matches. Not sure in what capacity though (ie do they actively intervene or merely monitor, I strongly suspect they don't nor wouldn't intervene)
Maybe they're monitoring the "community activists"? :)

The stewarding is done by volunteers at the Brandywell. Not sure if this is the same as 'community activists' as you call them. This sounds to me like you are hinting at something.
Just going on what some Brandywell stewards said to some Bohs supporters (not "The Tavern Four" - no sympathy for them at all obviously!) at the last Derry v Bohs game of the season. The stewards made claims about their own membership of a certain banned organization. Maybe it was all guff but one might expect more proessionalism from security staff if that was the case.

sounds like scaring the Dubs to me.
Derryman mentions he's got membership of the 'Community Activists' and visiting Dub craps oneself and causes no trouble for game.

Well, would you ?

Back