All inclusive holidays

AI is fab if you have children, especially ones that like to graze all the time! One of the downsides that I found is that no-one seems to leave the hotel, (why buy drinks elsewhere, when they're free at the hotel!) can mean the pool and any other facilities are always packed.

Experienced the all-inclusive option in both Cuba and Mexico in the last couple of years. Mexico (Cancun) was top class and the hotel had 4 restuarants so we never got bored. Dined out on 2 nights and 1 lunch during the whole 2 weeks so we got great use of the A/I facilities. Highly recommended.

Cuba was split between 3 days Havana, 4 Days trinidad and 6 days Varedaro. The whole food / dining situation in Cuba is well documented and its fair to say that nobody is going there for the food. Standards are poor in comparison to other holiday destinations. The country is absolutely exceptional and one of the most beautiful I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. I would think that anybody who spends their entire holiday in Cuba based in Varedaro is stark raving mad. Top class beaches and good hotels with "relatively" good food but no soul. We had no problems with the A/I option in varedaro and there were no restrictions on drinks brands etc. Get out there and see the country and meet the locals and don't be worrying about the food.

went all inclusive for 2 weeks to Domincan Republic last summer and really enjoyed it. Hotel was big enough with good choice of restuarants, bars etc so could have choice of food each night.
Cost €1300 all in each which was great value.

Back