Airport delays

joer

Hi there
Has anyone got Dublin Airport info as regards queues , crowds etc. We have an early morning ( 0645) flight next week and was just interested in finding out what the situation is at present, as we have not used the the Airport for a few years and given the recent chaos , although I have not heard anything on the news recently. .
Thanks .

No extraordinary delays since the incident in early April.

If anything it's faster than ever as they have got their act together.

6.45 Monday morning is always a busy time, so I'd be there for 5 / 5.15.

But be aware for the return journey that many international airports have delays. Schiphol and Charles de Gaulle were quite bad last week

Thank you , that sounds positive. I am flying to Lisbon and it is a small Airport so ill take my chances there

What's Shannon like ? Hoping to arrive at arrivals by bus at 5.25 p.m for a 6.30 p.m flight in a couple of weeks. Hand luggage only.

Shannon is supposed to be a dream to get through at the minute - were lots of people calling for flights to be transferred there from Dublin.

Wow. I always arrive at least 2 hours before the flight but in the last year have not experienced anything like that in Dublin in about 8 trips.
Me neither. I travel a lot and I’ve never experienced that. It was worse going through T1 Security (I always go through T2 even when flying through T1 unless I’ve bags).

Flew out of Dublin Airport on Sunday morning. Check-in was quick, about 10 minutes, and security was even quicker. No problems.

Was at Dublin airport this morning @ 3am, departing to Paphos in Cyprus at 5.45am. Went straight to check in, got labels for our 2 bags, no delay at all although it was quite busy. Headed for security, through very rapidly, no delays, headed for departure area along which all the shops, duty free, etc, were all closed. Couldn't even get a newspaper. We went to gate 116 and luckily at 4.30 one of the places selling coffee's, pre-packed sandwiches, and bar opened up. Plane was 15 mins late taking off ,but everything was quick from arriving to taking off.

Just a word of warning for everyone travelling abroad and parking long term. It's expensive, possibly up to €150.00 for a fortnight. The quick park is not open anymore so DAA can charge what they want, or seem to think they can. Often wonder if everyone and all business's started using the methodology that hotels, car parks, restaurants, b/b's, car hire companies, etc, do, where would we be with prices? Come to Achill, come to Lahinch, to Killarney, to Enniscrone, we have sea, sand, and lovely scenery, but we'll fleece you. No other coffee shop around so it's €4.50 a cup, sugars extra as is milk and so on. This country's beginning to price itself out of reach and will reap the rewards, or otherwise for it.

25 minutes through security last Wednesday at mid day. Ryanair flight boarded early and left on time. Travelled to airport on the Aircoach. It was full by the time we reached O'Connell street. The coach was hot and stuffy....I just don't know why the driver cannot be bothered to turn on the air conditioning.

25 minutes through security last Wednesday at mid day. Ryanair flight boarded early and left on time. Travelled to airport on the Aircoach. It was full by the time we reached O'Connell street. The coach was hot and stuffy....I just don't know why the driver cannot be bothered to turn on the air conditioning.
Did you ask the Driver to do so? They have their own fan system at the front so possibly unaware that passengers were not happy. Good to hear security was back to regular (enough) times.

Does anyone know when fast track will reopen for general population, I.e. when it will be bookable again via their web site?

YMMV. I was always very happy to pay extra for Fasttrack. It is usually fast, never mind the much shorter path.
Yep…I find it a great service and always purchase it, whether travelling for work or pleasure, solo or en famille.

It’s great to save time and eliminate hassle wherever possible, all for little more than the price of a coffee and a croissant.

Back