AirPods - repaired in first year but broke again

Ger1966

My kids bought me some AirPods as a father's day gift in 2019. Just before Christmas, there was no sound coming from the left pod, so I brought them back to the shop. They took them in for repair and were returned to me after a few weeks. All was good with them up until last week when the left pod stopped working again.

As I have them over a year now, would I still be entitled to bring back and get them repaired again, for free?

Yes. Eu consumer law will aid you of the shop don’t entertain you with regards to repair or replacement.

As a matter of interest have you kept good care of them?

My wife bought me a pair for my bday and I treat them like crystal. I don’t know how much they cost but they’re be these headphones I’ve ever used by a longshot. A game changer.

Thanks everybody!

@Drakon, yep I take great care of them. When I brought them back the first time, my son provided me with a screen shot of his bank statement so I could use this as proof of purchase, and I saw how much they cost. As it turned out, I didn't need this as he also gave his mobile number when he bought them, so they were able to search for this and confirm that the AirPods were bough there.

Yes. Eu consumer law will aid you of the shop don’t entertain you with regards to repair or replacement.
Irish sale of goods act applies here. It is stronger than the EU law.

An item must last a "reasonable" amount of time without defect.

Back