AIB AIB - who has appealed the €1650 /3.67% issue?

Appeal went in at the start of last week. AIB stated on the phone that there was a "high demand" for the appeals pack.

Thanks again Brendan.

I appealed 2 weeks ago and got confirmation 5 working days later
Many thanks for your help Brendan

If you appeal and your appeal is rejected, you can then complain to the Ombudsman.
By that time, there will be an active High Court case on the issue.
I would expect the Ombudsman to pause all cases until the High Court rules.
If the High Court finds in favour of the borrower, I would expect the Ombudsman to follow that.

If you don't appeal, you can't go to the Ombudsman as you will be time barred.
If we win the High Court case, you will have no legal mechanism for getting your tracker back.
The Central Bank might tell AIB to redress all 6,000 customers, but I would not rely on it.

That is why I want everyone to appeal.

Brendan

hi, one question, When I get the rejection letter to my appeal, do I need to go to the Ombudsman? or can I just wait until the case escalate to the high court
thanks

Also submitted an appeal last week. Got confirmation letter from BDO saying they have sent the appeal to AIB.

Many thanks for the all the help so far Brendan

We submitted an appeal at the end of February and received a confirmation of receipt letter from BDO on 6th March.

Hi Brendan. Thanks so much for your help and guidance with this. I'm submitting my Appeal today.

Hi Brendan, sent in my appeal on the 15th of March via registered post, have yet to hear back from them.

Kind Regards

I have applied and recievedthe letter back from BDO. I also sent about 20 odd pages on information backing up the claim. Will let people how I get on with this.

Sent in my appeal 13.03.19 received a letter from BDO today stating they have sent my appeal to Aib

Send a copy of your rejection to Brendan, he's collecting them to see if they can be of any use with the court case.

On February 17th I sent the appeal to AIB, I received a response some days later - standard reply about 30 days .... This week I received another letter to let me know "AIB are working on my appeal" and I will receive a response soon.

I got a letter from BDO with a reply from AIB to my appeal, notes that this has not yet been considered by the AIB Tracker Panel.

It says unless I respond within 10 days they just go ahead with the Appeal.

Are people responding to this, or just leaving things proceed to Appeal?

Back