AIB AIB has accepted the Ombudsman's decision and will be rolling it out to 5,900 impacted customers

Status
Not open for further replies.
very annoying - it has made my decision for me anyway. If there is talk about financing a test case to the High Court to get back on the tracker rate then you can count me in

Email sent as below;

Dear Sirs,

I was a customer with AIB and am included in the group who had to deal with BDO regarding my complaint.

I would very much appreciate an update as to what is going on.

COVID19 is placing considerable financial pressure on my family and I have heard that I will have to wait until July or August for some sort of correspondence from AIB.

With all due respect, this is completely unacceptable.

Can you please intervene and expedite matters or at the very least, reply to me and explain what is going on.

Yours sincerely,

Great letter Shay.

I think that the rest of you could take that and adapt it to your own circumstances.

At least you know you are in line for a reduction in your mortgage payments and a lump sum. There are about 5,700 people who have no idea. Many of these are under severe stress which would be greatly reduced if they knew that they were in line for a windfall.

Brendan

Got this reply.

"Thank you for your email received by the Central Bank of Ireland. The Public Contacts Unit will review your email and provide you with a response as soon as possible."

I won't be holding my breath....

Shouldn't we all be sharing any news articles relating to this on social media? Charlie Westons one is great. I shared on Fb. We might be able to reach other people within the cohort who have no idea what's on the way

When a lot of people got the 1615 a few years ago they then became aware of this issue even if they weren't beforehand. We had over 200 in our email group at one stage when sussing out about the legal opinion and as great it was to have that number it was still a big shout off the near 6000 affected.
But if you do a search with some words like "AIB Tracker rate" then askaboutmoney comes up so when the redress is paid out I really do hope that people do a quick Google to see the history of our fight and the next step in the journey. The big thing I've learned in all of this is how important strength in numbers is

Reactions: tiv
Shouldn't we all be sharing any news articles relating to this on social media?

Agreed.

Bungaro has done his bit enthusiastically

But there has been very little response on boards.ie

Maybe they feel that it's covered well enough on askaboutmoney?

I am not a big Twitter user, but when I did tweet about it, it got very little response. 5 people retweeted it. I don't have many followers, so maybe Charlie Weston got more?

It does not appear to be discussed on the pin or politics.ie at all.

Brendan

Email sent. I was getting more and more irritated typing it. Hopefully something will come of it.

Guys

Would you send emails to the Central Bank about this.

I raised it at the AGM I think.

It's an absolute disgrace.

Are you sure. They just sent Karen the money without any supporting calculations.

As it happened, I had worked out in advance what it should be and it was close enough. But I won't be able to do that for 5,906 other people.

Brendan

Under the central banks "principles for redress" it says

"1.3.2 The lender is to have measures in place (either by electronic or manual means) to provide detailed calculations to impacted customers if requested."

Unless they don't have to comply with the "principles for redress" for some reason then they have to provide the detailed calculations on request.

Email sent to Central Bank, generic automatic response received, will report back when I receive an actual response

Just sent an email to central bank now and will get my sister to do also. Will let you know how I get on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back