Afghan Hunger strikers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meccano said:
Its their tendancy to use of suicide to kill innocent people. It seems a very popular option - take Iraq, London and Madrid for example.
They are using a person as a delivery system. They do this because it is the only delivery system they have that offers a high success rate. It is very frightening to think that people are willing to blow themselves up but the end result is no different from firing a missile or detonating a car bomb. Anyway this is way off topic.

Couldn't agree more with you Meccano, one thing is commiting suicide to just kill yourself, and a very different thing is killing hundreds when you commit suicide. And also their way to get away with it. In the Madrid bombings, the Police were able to find out who planned it all, and when on the way to arrest then, they blowed themselves in the apartment they were living, injuring people and causing a lot of damages to their properties. Don't remember the details of it, as I prefer to forget that day. I lived and went to school and worked quite closed to Atocha, and knew someone that died on one of the trains, can't stop getting the chills evertime I pass by there and think about the people that die unfairly.

They might be innocent, they might have been force to join the Talibans, but if they really want assylum, they should go through whataver steps it needs, without recurring to violence, hunger strikes, etc etc.

Purple said:
They are using a person as a delivery system. They do this because it is the only delivery system they have that offers a high success rate. It is very frightening to think that people are willing to blow themselves up but the end result is no different from firing a missile or detonating a car bomb.
Yes Purple - frightening.
Is it something in their makeup?
I mean, the IRA used car bombs etc for years as a very succesful 'means of delivery' (as you put it). Why didn't the IRA favour blowing themselves up while they were at it?
Maybe there's something different in THEIR makeup too? Something else at work here?

What was the difference do you think?
Why the different mindset?

To put it another way - Is there a common denominator between the attacks in Afghanistan, Iraq, Madrid, London, New York, Washington, Pennsylvania, Palestine, Bali, Turkey, Egypt....can you figure it out?
Its NOT that difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back