Affordable Housing with Fingal Co Co

Re: Affordable Housing with Fingal

Thanks for that... did they mention any coming up in blanchardstown or castleknock?

Hi suziesu
I know that there are some coming up in mullhuddart shortly and also i was told last year at my interview that they should have some in the phoenix park race course development (not sure how true this is but it was a lady from fingal who told me)

I was talking to on one of the Fingal staff recently - she was telling me that they still have not filled the ground floor apartments in Citygate.

These are a fair bit smaller than the upper floors, to be honest you would almost have to use one of the bedrooms as a sitting room, but they may be suitable to someone out there who is looking for a place this close to the city. If you are approved and waiting, it would be worth giving them a call.

Hi everyone.. have some news I viewed Lusk Village 12 weeks ago and was told I was third on cancellation list.. was really disappointed..lots of people on the forum said I might still get one but I held out no hope.. but got a call from Fingal yesterday asking if I'd like to view properties that people cancelled for.. I took a groundfloor apartment and am really really happy.. so just wanted to let people know its definitly worthwhile putting your name on cancellation list!!
Jen and Maxell going to PM you now.

Hi CAT,

Do you know if there are any requirement to have an applicant's name on the cancellation list? Or is it just a matter of calling them and adding my name to the cancellation list?

Thanks

Hi John,

You have to be called to view the places first to get on the cancellation list. For example in my case I viewed Lusk Village and there were 22 properties. All 22 were accepted right away..and I was number 25 on the list.. so I was asked would I be interested in going on the cancellation list, I was therefore third on the list.. if someone cancels they call number one on the list and if they refuse move to number 2 and so on. You can also specify if you only want to be contacted about certain types of properties, in Lusk Village for instance there are apartments and houses and some people said they only wanted to be called for a cancellation for houses, I said I was interested in both.

Hope this helps!

Hi John,

You have to be called to view the places first to get on the cancellation list. For example in my case I viewed Lusk Village and there were 22 properties. All 22 were accepted right away..and I was number 25 on the list.. so I was asked would I be interested in going on the cancellation list, I was therefore third on the list.. if someone cancels they call number one on the list and if they refuse move to number 2 and so on. You can also specify if you only want to be contacted about certain types of properties, in Lusk Village for instance there are apartments and houses and some people said they only wanted to be called for a cancellation for houses, I said I was interested in both.

Hope this helps!

Many thanks Cat123

How did people find the final interview for loan approval
Does it take long if you have all your documents ready for them.
Also is it a grilling - I have visions of them analysing everything on your bank statement
Do you reckon they are mainly concerned with how much deposit you have and if you can realistically pay back the mortgage out of your salary even if you have a small loan ?

So curious as I can't imagine there are many people out there with a totally disposable income

i went to view martello today and put my name on one of the 2 beds and was just wondering if anyone else had viewed them or any other houses?? I found the garden and bedrooms a grand size and was very happy with them but the living room come kitchen was extremley small.. Im in two minds now whether or not to go ahead with it if im not %100 happy with it or am i being to picky??? Does anyone know what other 2 bed house loungerooms and kitchens are like?? The lady at the viewing today said that there a lot more houses coming up in balbriggan and i dont know whether to wait it out for another viewing or will they be much of a much-ness???

I'd say if you're not 100% happy then leave it - if you're in no hurry where you are then hold out - They are deffo very small

Yeah they are but im just thinking, will they get any bigger or is that the average size for a 2-bed?? I really liked the area, it had a nice feel to it.. Are you taking one in martello?

How did people find the final interview for loan approval
Does it take long if you have all your documents ready for them.
Also is it a grilling - I have visions of them analysing everything on your bank statement
Do you reckon they are mainly concerned with how much deposit you have and if you can realistically pay back the mortgage out of your salary even if you have a small loan ?

So curious as I can't imagine there are many people out there with a totally disposable income

My final interview was grand. As long as things are fairly similar to how they were in your first interview, as long as you have kept your savings record and you havent withdrawn a few grand and blown it on a trip to New York, you should be ok!

have many people had their valuations from the bank yet and if so, how accurate have they been? mine has come back quite a bit below the councils figure (which i have found out is based on that given to them by the selling agents who have a vested interest and can in no way be viewed as independent) - have may been through this and if so, what resolution have you come to?

am i being to picky???
Of course not. You wouldn't splash out 150 euro on a pair of shoes if you weren't sure you like them, let alone 150 grand (or so) on a house you're not sure of. Being on the waiting list is a guessing game really. 'Will I turn it down and be sorry or accept it, find out something better's come up and be sorry?' I have found that people who wait it out will eventually find something that suits their needs. This isn't something you want to rush into!

Suzy,

At some point in the process you will be subject to a credit check - this will be done by whatever financial institution you are applying for a mortgage with.
You can apply for your own credit report if you are concerned about it @
http://www.icb.ie/
In my experience with Fingal they did not perform a credit check on me, however this may be different if you are seeking finance through them.

Eims

Thanks for that
It doesn't say if Fingal lend you the money or if u have to go through a bank - all quite unclear to me

This gives a good overview of the financing options
[broken link removed]

I'm not sure how many people choose to take council finance over one of the banks?

I think with fingal you have to take the mortgage with them for the affordable housing and with the inititive scheme you have to get through a bank. Could be wrong buts thats what i tought.

I think with the scheme you can go through the bank or council, but for the initiative you can only go through the banks.

Back