Affordable Housing with Fingal Co Co

Re: Affordable Housing with Fingal

Hey not sure if this is old news or not but I rang Fingal today to ask how the approval process was going and the lady I spoke to said they were still dealing with 2006 applications. I sent my application in, in February 2007 and she said it would be another few months before they get to it and then once approved it would be at least 12 months on the waiting list.

I don't think i'll last another year at home!!!

Pringles

I put in my application last August, got approval in a few weeks and was offered my first property 2 months ago. Waiting for my snags to be sorted out now....

The lady I spoke to said they were still dealing with 2006 applications.
Anybody know how many people are on the list now.. and if there's anything coming up in the future? I need three bedrooms so I think I'll be still waiting in another five years.. sigh.

I went to view the 2 bedrooms in St. Samson, Balgriffin yesterday and I'm 4th on that list. I'm told I have to wait till the first 3 people ahead of me choose which properties they wanted before I can choose from what is left. Anyway, some where okay in terms of layout but most of the rooms where quite small. Most of the kitchens where quite tiny (in my personal opinion). I don't think I'm going to accept it mainly because I have a son whom is about to start junior infant in St. Teresa, Balbriggan this September. Any parent with a child of that age knows it's war to get your child accepted in any school whatsoever. Second reason is that there is no train station closeby to go to work ( I like my 10 minutes of extra snooze ) and thirdly, no garden for my son to ride his bike. Goodluck to everyone that had a viewing yesterday.

The ladies told me that letters should be going out next month for viewings at Martello in Balbriggan next week for 2 & 3 bedroom houses. Not sure if they were telling me that to console me or if it is the actual honest truth. Anyway, I drove by there on my way home and there are roughly 20-25 houses vacant, so fingers strongly crossed.

I applied in October 2006, interview within a couple of weeks but didn't get approved until February 2007. At the interview I was told there was about 700 people on the general list and less on local ones. She also said that they had the supply to meet that demand in the coming year. At the time I thought that was quite positive....

Topsido, is the Martello near the train station?

Hi Kara, no it's not. It's behind the Moylaragh complex which is waaaaay down the street from the Garda Station. Beside the Dunnes store. Dunnes store is to the right and Martello is to the left.

My boyfriend applied in November 06. Still waiting to be approved his forms have to be sent to management.Any ideas how long it takes once they get your forms.

Topsido,

I never got any letter about St Samsons yaargghh!And I would love St Samsons no matter how small they are!Why dont Fingal know this How many properties where there Topsido?How long are you approved and are you on local list?

Also the Balbriggan properties Im a bit confused about what you said..are the letters to come next month or week?

P.S. At least some people are being offered places and therefore moved of list I was starting to wonder...

11 properties in all. All 2 bedroom apartments. Roughly 20 to 30 people viewing (took a quick glance at their clipboard).

The letter for the balbriggan ones should, accordingly to fingal, be arriving next week and viewings for next month.

I'm currently on the general list but trying to get on the local one. I lived in Skerries slightly over 2 years and Balbriggan for 3. I called Fingal and they told me to show proof like ie letter from the landlord or bank statement showing rent payment. I'll be sending that to them soon and hopefully I'll make it on the exclusive local list .

bah. i'd love st samsons .
Topsido id say you've a good chance of getting on local list..it would seem to make sense!Altho things dont seem to be moving much with local list either!

Things seem to be at a standstill lately. I wish something would just happen cause I'm sick of being in limbo. I'd have chewed their arm off (not kidding) for St Samsons but alas! two bedroom apts only, grr.. (hmm.. maybe I could buy two?!)

Hi,
i got a letter for martello this morning. anyone else?

Anyone get any offers or hear of any properties coming up in Castleknock/Blanchardstown area??

I got a letter for Martello today.
Does anyone have a link to the development's website? I can't find one with google.

Sister was offered affordable in Erris in waterville - has anyone any feedback on this development? Thanks.

Also got a Martello letter. Going to have a look in a few mins will let ye know what I think!

I drove up to see Martello.. seems pretty nice, houses are reasonable size with nice size back garden (from what I could see) area seems nice (very developed, but nice) also close to a shopping area, dunnes, pharmacy, coffee shop.
The only drawback for me though is I really dont know Balbriggan at all... how near would the train/bus station be to Martello and what are the services like?If there's anyone here who lives in Balbriggan and could give some pros and cons for area thatd be great.

Could i ask how much are the two and three beds in Martello. ????? I hope i get the letter tomoro. I should ive being approved a while and am on the local! Balbriggen is a bit far out tho!