Affordable Housing Query

househunter7

Hi all, I hope to be in a position to buy an affordable house maybe mid next year. Should i apply for an affordable house now or should i wait? i know the chances of getting picked are fairly slim at the moment but i would i hate to have to turn one down if by some mad chance i was picked in the next few months. Is there consequences to turning an offer down? Should i apply?

Thanks in advance

i think that it depends on the council that you are applying with. As far as i know some just do a lottery. You could try and find out off them how long the waiting list is. Normally they will give you a max of 3 offers but each one that you refuse you go back to the end of the list.

You should definetly contact the relevant council, they seem to run schemes differently. For example in Dun Laoighre Rathdown the appear to just advertise at particular times ie. at the begining of the year and that will application will be relevant for all schemes they do that year.

Also things don't seem to move too quickly in the affordable housing schemes so I'd say there's no harm in getting an application in a bit early

yea i was thinking i might just apply. I would probably be open to any of the councils but ill give my local South dublin coco a call.

Watch, ill be offered one within a month!! :)

Thanks

You should be fine with south dublin. one of my friends done an interview last week for their affordable housing scheme they tole him not to expect an offer for around 10 months.

Whats the cut off point (salary wise) for a single person for an affordable house? I know it was changed in the Budget.

Back