Affordable housing loans

Pringles

Was just wondering if anyone could answer the following questions for me regarding the affordable housing scheme.

I have an outstanding loan and was wondering if this would have an effect on my application. I have savings of €10,000 so would I be better off putting it off the loan before applying.

Also do they do a very in depth check on your loans and the payment plan set up for them, as was thinking I could maybe get the loan changed into my fathers name if it would help my chances when applying not to have the loan in my name.

Hope someone can shed some light for me, thanks

Pringles

hi there,

have a look at this: http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=33248

From my experience, I dont think they mind loans (within reason) but they do not like big Credit Card debts or over drafts. They are also very strict on you having a regular savings record for the past few months. Remember they will go through your bank statements for the past 6 months with a fine tooth comb, so good luck to you if you try to hide anything!

Get rid of laser card, they hate them! Your loan does affect mortgage. Ours combined was best part of 15,000 and we were fine

No They asked us if we had laser card attached to either of our current accounts. When we said no, they said good

Back