Affordable Housing Approval

ci1

Does anyone have an application in with Fingal at the moment?

If not can anyone give me any idea how long they were waiting on approval.
Mine has been in for 11 weeks (nearly 3 months) I called today and they said its away for signatury and they have no date or idea when I will hear anything.

Starting to get really fed up, at my initial interview they told me min
of 6-8 weeks before until approval...its gone over and beyond that now.

Anyone know anything ??

Thanks,
C.

That seems like a very long time.We applied in August and found out in 2 weeks.Maybe its just a bad time of year or something.hope you hear something soon..

Lucky you, thats really great.

Have you found somewhere to live yet?
Whats the process like once you got approved?

C.

Hi Ci1

We haven't heard anythin since getting the letter of Provisional Loan Approval. Supposedly the wait is about 6 months before your 1st offer!
Just keep chasing Fingal cos they might get their a**e in gear! What date did you send in your application??

I got my approval about 4 weeks after my interview too. That was over a month ago, and have heard nothing from them since (as expected.)

I will have my interview with South Dublin CC in a few days.

Hi, I sent it in at the end of June.
so I'm still waiting. I really don't know what kind of process they have going on in there.
When I sent it in I was called for an informal chat, and was told that I should hear within 6-8 weeks. And if I'm approved that I go in and sign docs and get a cert and they put me in touch with the sales team to see what properties are available etc.

she never even hinted that I'd be waiting even longer to actually get a place like you guys are.
its all very weird to me.

I also appled to DCC at the end of June, I got a letter to say I was approved and on the panel for a house and I've heard nothing since.

I wonder do they realise that people put their lives on hold waiting to hear from them. Probably not!!

:-(

I just hope they don't come back at this stage and say I'm not approved for some reason.

C.

Hi, I sent it in at the end of June.
so I'm still waiting. I really don't know what kind of process they have going on in there.
When I sent it in I was called for an informal chat, and was told that I should hear within 6-8 weeks. And if I'm approved that I go in and sign docs and get a cert and they put me in touch with the sales team to see what properties are available etc.

she never even hinted that I'd be waiting even longer to actually get a place like you guys are.
its all very weird to me.

I also appled to DCC at the end of June, I got a letter to say I was approved and on the panel for a house and I've heard nothing since.

I wonder do they realise that people put their lives on hold waiting to hear from them. Probably not!!

:-(

I just hope they don't come back at this stage and say I'm not approved for some reason.

C.

It not be any harm to find out who your local Councilor is, and pay them a visit. They generally know what doors to knock on, and ask the right questions. I have never done this, but I may do in the future

Thanks Guys, I've sent a mail to the local TD who is always going on about what a great scheme it is, so hopefully she might do something.

other than that I'll have to just wait it out I guess...At this stage I don't really care if I don't get a house or apt for a year.
I just want to hear that I'm approved...

Will keep you all posted anyway, and I hope you all get sorted out soon enough too
:)

C.

Back