aerlingushotels.com

149oaks

I’m currently having an awful experience trying to book a hotel with these.
Firstly I tried to book a hotel last night on the website but when I confirmed the payment it told me there was an error and to call 0871223200 between certain hours. As I was outside these hours I had to wait until this morning.

When I did call the number rang out and then went to an automatic Vodafone voicemail message which I thought strange. On checking the number above I then saw it has 1 digit to many and the number I called was actually 0871223200 (you can’t actually call the extra digit).

I then called the number 0818270973 which is the number you call with regards the booking of Hotels. I did this at 11:30am today and was talking to someone who confirmed no payment had been made or there was no booking. She then transferred me to someone who would do the booking. The person who then answered was from lastminute and when we went through all the details it came out at over 100e more expensive than what is quoted on line. This was after 20mins.

So I went back online and tried again. But at the same point – confirming payment I got the same error message. So I called the 08 number again at 1pm and asked would they call me back (as I didn’t want to be paying more phone charges). By 3pm nobody called me. So at 3pm I called again outlined what was going on, she said she’d call me back immediately – but still hasn’t.

Has anybody had a similar experience with this website?
What can I do to book the hotel at the web advertised price? I’ve looked at other booking websites and they are more expensive.

Why not contact hotel directly? Ask them 2 accept the booking at the quoted price. I have used hotels.com & dhr.com in the past. Both were good..you could try these if you haven't already.

The lesson I think here is not to book with this site.
Try going to trip adviser and looking for the hotel there and click on the check rates and see what the rate is on different sites. Also I find booking.com great. have used it several times for numerous countries.

I eventually booked on another website for almost the same price, but anyone know what the problem with aerlingushotels is?

I eventually booked on another website for almost the same price, but anyone know what the problem with aerlingushotels is?

No idea. From memory, I think Aer Lingus hotels is "hosted" by another provider. If so perhaps the problem is elsewhere and beyond their control ?