Aerlingus seating policy

Samantha said:
I used to work for an airline and the seats near the emergency exit were never booked in advance, they were only allocated by the checking staff who decide if the person was fit enough to fullfil the requirement of this type of seats.

I was asked at the checkin desk once to sit in this seat - front row by the door. I wonder would they ask me if they saw me now though:(

Bond don't know if allowed post fax and address and stuff on the forum but the fax and address are on the website under contact us. It will be well into 06 before you hear anything though. Probably have gone on a few more trips before then !!

Danmo said:
Hey Samantha - I've always wondered about this. I'm quite a tall lassie and nearly always get seated beside exit (lucky me). Is this so I can open the doors in an emergency? Is it true they never put a lil ol lady beside the emergency exit?

Yes, you need to be fit enought to open the door in case of emergency and another requirement will be to speak and understand English. There is no chance than an old and weak lady or even family with small children will be seating there.

Have flown ORD to DUB with EI several times. Each time I check in I ask for an exit row seat. Usually don't get one though. Checkin agent at ORD told me they reserve them for their Gold Circle (frequent flyer) members. :mad:

A few times we were accidently put with the kids, at the emergency exit seats but changed immediately we boarded. Also we checked in late and only had separate seats available but they insisted on changing others so the kids sat beside us, in case of emergency that they would have us to assist them. Fastpass check is great when you can use it - choose where you want to sit!

Back