Advice please! Nightmare in moving shares due to Brexit

A relative is with with interactive brokers. He got a recent e mail about moving to their .ie version. It was accompanied by pages and pages of agreement documents which he could not decipher and did not read. He was frustrated and just clicked agree. Anyone else moved from IB ? I haven't had time to look at it for him. He finds their platform hard to understand as I do ....not being very well versed on share platforms.
Yes... From IB UK we are moving to IB.ie. I was asked for copy of the passport and today the process got completed. Re the platform not being easy I agree but their customer service via chat are amazing to my view. They helped me setting up great limit orders or easy ways to buy currencies because you can only buy shares with same currency where they are traded. Also they are quite cheap despite being advertised on CNBC very often

Last edited:
Today new portfolio shows as updated and I sent a big thank you-email apologising to both ig and Saxo for my anxiety... To all: thank you all as well. I just hate Brexit and forced movements sorry!

A relative is with with interactive brokers. He got a recent e mail about moving to their .ie version. It was accompanied by pages and pages of agreement documents which he could not decipher and did not read. He was frustrated and just clicked agree. Anyone else moved from IB ? I haven't had time to look at it for him. He finds their platform hard to understand as I do ....not being very well versed on share platforms.

Hi again @Susie2017 I have just realised also that customer reference at IB Ireland changed as well as IBAN+BIC (!). So these need updating as well. All the best while I am asking IB to try and trace a transfer I did to old customer reference details...

Yes... From IB UK we are moving to IB.ie. I was asked for copy of the passport and today the process got completed. Re the platform not being easy I agree but their customer service via chat are amazing to my view. They helped me setting up great limit orders or easy ways to buy currencies because you can only buy shares with same currency where they are traded. Also they are quite cheap despite being advertised on CNBC very often

May I ask if you use IB fixed charges or their tiered pricing?

I haven't used IB yet, not sure if you get a choice between the two pricing options or if it's determined by the type of account you hold.
Then I have the very basic account holder profile. Typical long term defensive investor that checks how his shares are doing not so often... I hope this helps...

Hi Susie,
Yes, my mother and I both had to move to IBKR Ireland. It's just lots of agreeing to new terms & reviewing your financial information as last given to them. It only takes a few minutes assuming you don't read their T&C's

Back