actively managed vs non actively managed

Shaz

Hi,
My SSIA just matured and it has been with EBS summit funds for the last 5 years. I am now deciding how I want to continue to invest it with continuing to put in €254 into the sum every month.

I have checked out the posts here and was wondering that if I have to pay 1.5% annual management fee for EBS actively managed fund vs a Quinn Life non actively managed fund, is it not better to go with EBS?

Also, please could you explain how the 1.5% is calculated -- on gains or on investment amount + gains?

Also, where can I go to check out how different funds have performed over the last few years.
Thanks.

Horses for courses. Some believe in active fund management some believe in trackers. People will always regurgitate some statistic on x% of actively managed funds fail to beat their benchmark (e.g. S&P500, FTSE100 etc), blah blah blah. It's personal choice. I have a mix of active and passive managed funds.

The management charge is charged on the value of the entire investment (i.e. value of initial investment + gains or - losses) and is factored in the price of the fund quoted.

Check out the websites of the providers for past performance, bear in mind that it is only that, past performance.......

Ensure the funds you invest in are diversified.

Back