Acc Bank ---- ARROGANT / INSULTING

• Thread starter Moneyinthebankcantgetitout
  • Start date
M

Moneyinthebankcantgetitout

Anybody have any opinions on the new policy adopted by ACC in relation to the operation of deposit and current accounts.
All lodgements need to be sent to head office to be dealt with.
Best one is NO CASH withdrawals or lodgements under €1000. I went to my local branch of 25 years today to withdraw €300 only to be turned away. Minimum withdrawal €1000. I must say I was most insulted at this high handed approach.
Can a bank just unilateraly decide to impose such rules. Dose a customer have no rights at all in this case. It really stinks as I see it.

I think its since ACC were taken over. They are now focussed only on business customers and seem to be doing their best to rid themselves of the rest of us. I have had some really poor service from them at the branch level. Dealing with the HQ was a more pleasant experience.

lesson for EBS

so much for the wisdom of EBS selling out to Rabobank?

I don't understand: (a) what has this to do with EBS or Rabobank and (b) as far as I know there is still no firm plan for EBS to sell to or merge with anybody.

Rabobank

there have been rumours that EBS may be acquired by Rabobank. Rabobank now own ACC. According to Machalla, ACC's service has disimproved since Rabobank took them over.

So they want to get rid of us small fry. Why would that be I wonder? Ok so they can get efficiencies in the short term by not having to do lots of small transactions at branch level.
Could there be a bigger agenda here? Is it possible that they are thinking of some moves in the future which might entitle deposit/current account holders to some pay out like in a demutualisation. So they are simply trying to force as many small account holders out the door as possible to mitigate against future liabilities to such customers.

Back