A good bed but not too expensive

I would advise people that beware of terms such a "Tempur Type" I do not believe companies should use this in their discriptions. Tempur were one of the first companies to introduce memory foam in to the market.

Also we have a guide on Memory foam on our website also compare memory foam

Memory foam is a releatively new mattress technology. I have to admit I do find them very comfortable to sleep on. The latest development is a mattress called a combination mattress, this combines the traditional support of pocket springs with a top layer of memory foam so effectively you get the best of both worlds, support and comfort.

In relation to buying online - consumers are entitled by law to a 7 day return policy so if you are not happy you can return the mattress. You will have to pay for the delivery though.

I am associated with MATTRESS.IE so I was delighted to see some praise mentioned above.

The latest development is a mattress called a combination mattress, this combines the traditional support of pocket springs with a top layer of memory foam so effectively you get the best of both worlds, support and comfort.

Can you recommend a maker of these please? And what would these cost? thanks

Hi Sammie

my parents bought our bed (!) in Corrib Furniture, 189 Lower Kimmage Road. They have a website [broken link removed]

We just got a divan bed with drawers which, including mattress, was (I think) well within your price range. It's really comfy too ;) We also bought our headboard in Des Kellys and that was about €160, something like that? sorry it's a while ago now so don't quite remember.

HTH

M

Last edited:
Memory foam is definitely the way forward imo. We bought an Impression 3000 from King Koil (made in Kilcullen) when we moved into our house 2 1/2 years ago. Hubby had suffered back pain for ages and when we got this mattress, it disappeared. They're really comfy - highly recommended!

We bought ours from Michael Murphy in Newbridge, and La Touche Furnishings in Kilcullen also stock them afaik, if you're in that neck of the woods. However, you can contact King Koil and they'll be more than happy to tell you where to locate them. Our 5' mattress was 860 in a sale when we bought it - I've since seen them for around 1k. You could pick up a cheap bed-frame for next to nothing anywhere.

re last post, well internet shopping and recommendations from previous purchasers is how you purchase on the net, akin to word of mouth recommendations, if you do your research through forums such as this then you can buy anything you like, I'm going to order a memory foam from mr.pillow.co.uk for £464 inc delivery, through various searches have got two firm recommendations that gives me the peace of mind I need to buy an item such as this over the net

Just to give some feedback now that I've had it for a while
It came shrinkwrapped/rolled up in a largish box, circa 5ft by 1.5ft by 1.5ft
Really compact upon opening but filled up to full size fairly quickly, we gave it a few days before we slept on it, mostly because of the smell.
Now that its in full use, very happy with it, most comfy and back deffo better because of it, ordered on a Thursday arrived following Tuesday from the UK, smooth transaction

Harvey Norman have a double bed for sale which includes bed, mattress, duvet, pillows, duvet cover and pillow covers for €499.

I'll second the Tempur mattress. Have it about a year and it's incredibly comfortable - in winter and summer, all other activities OK too.

Price? 2,000 euros - expensive, but as a friend of mine remarked 'that's only 1,000 euro for each of you'. ;)

If buying the King Koil - I suggest buying the top of the range as I had problems with the lower price range.

Back