A business idea

T

trekie

hi people
i have an idea for an IT business ....anyone any idea of who i could bounce this off safely without risking someone stealing it ..... or am i living in cookoo land to think there are people out there that would not do that.....seriously though .... i think i have a winner and i would like to bounce this off someone that would give me some advice on it

Trekie,
first port of call is the mirror.
Ask yourself a few questions about the idea. Was it after a few pints? Or is it something you have actually thought about in sobriety.
Is someone else out there doing it? If yes, how can you do it better?
Or do you have a better idea you haven't fully worked out?

If you do this and are happy that its still a runner ask a close friend what they think. By close friend I mean one who isn't shy about telling you you're a muppet as much as they'll tell you its great.

Not wanting to be negative but people get caught up in their own ideas and all they see is $$$$$$ so you need to bring in some objectivity and then by all means knock yourself out!

Best of luck with it.

Dublin City Enterprise board run a free mentorship scheme which is in strict confidence. Give them a bell they're there to help. tell them what you want and I'd be surprised if they didn't hook you up with someone.

Another option would be to join a "start your own business" couse which will give you advice and guidance on how to develop a business around your a general idea, and you may not even need to ever share your idea!

I found this type of course very usefull in helping me develop my business from its initial concept.

I live in New York and if you don't consider that a threat then PM me for phone number. Be glad to offer advice.

Trekie

Remember that a good idea may not translate into a good product or profit. You have to make sure that not only is the idea good but that there is a market for the end product too. Remember the secret to success is "finding a niche in the market and a market in the niche".

C

Back