8% Bank of Ireland 18th month deposit

tonster01

[broken link removed]

Anyone doing this...18months is steep but no maximus deposit which is attractive if you have a lump idle...

there was an add in the one of the papers yesterday for a PTSB account paying 10% over 20 months. 5.89% AER if i remember correctly. Minimum investment is €10,000

Details here

Seems like the competition between the banks is switching from regular saving accounts to term deposit accounts.

The EAR is actually 5.26%.

If the Equivalent Annual Rate (EAR) is 5.26% and 10,000 is deposited into this Fixed term Deposit Account for 18 months..

What will be the total return on maturity? It should be 10,800 right but what impact will the EAR have on that???

What will be the total return on maturity? It should be 10,800 right but what impact will the EAR have on that???

Well €10,640 (after DIRT). I think the suggestion is that there are other accounts with less restrictive terms with a similar EAR i.e. it's better to look at the AER/EAR than the gross rate.

Sorry for asking this as it is probably eleswhere.
What exactly is AER, EAR, APR, Gross.

just looking at their website, the offer is gone. 5% 1 year their best offer now....

Good to see that BOI are keeping their staff informed....just had a call from
them trying to get me to sign up for a saving account, specifically this one.

The caller was a little confused as what to do next when I politely informed her that the account no longer available! Inept springs to mind.....

Back