70y/o & wife, no mortgage, cash lump sum

I've found the relevant paperwork, we had a SW inspector call to the house twice 4 years apart, 2012 & 2016. The €660pm is actually my wife's entitlement as she's not worked from 2012
It can’t be pension, she’s only 63. Is it disability allowance ?

Contrary to prior advice, I think you can sell the home, downsize, and it won’t affect your uk contributory/private pensions. But I’m guessing social welfare will attribute half of savings as your wife’s from the left over amount of the house sale. You really need to find out the rules and then make decisions that make the best financial sense.

Last edited:
So it's JSA?
yes, she's been on it for years but, despite applying for jobs & having lots of interviews she can't work as she's got mental health problems, and physical issues that stop her walking/sitting for very long

yes, she's been on it for years but, despite applying for jobs & having lots of interviews she can't work as she's got mental health problems, and physical issues that stop her walking/sitting for very long
I’m totally confused now. As far as I know you can only get dole for a certain amount of time, based on your stamps. 9 months I think. Then you get means tested dole, which with your income she would not be entitled to.

Also if she’s not mentally or physically able to work, then she can’t be looking for work?

Back