66 next year, credits for contributory State Pension (on the basis off 66 being qualifying age)

Thurles

I retired several years ago on an occupational pension. In addition, I take €5k from an ARF, subject to Class S stamp which gives me credits for contributory State Pension. My state pension entitlement will be pro rata as I don't enough stamps for full contributory state pension.

I will be 66 in July next year and wondering if I take €5k in ARF contributions pre July, will I get full 52 recorded credited contribution or will it be pro rate to when I reached 66?

thanks

PS: I am tempted to deferring taking the €5k for after I reach 66 to avoid paying the 4% Class S.

Under the current rules your contribution record finishes on the Dec prior to your 66th birthday - so end Dec 2020. Contributions after that don’t count towards the calculation of your State Pension.

Under the current rules your contribution record finishes on the Dec prior to your 66th birthday - so end Dec 2020. Contributions after that don’t count towards the calculation of your State Pension.
i will be 66this year, stillworking, will my stamps for year 2020 be taken into account

Back