4 day work week - reduced pay, reduced leave & obviously ensuring a slightly reduced work load?

If you pay any tax @ 40% then it will cost you less than 20% of your nett pay to go 4 days. I would want to calculate that myself. Also I want to work out exactly how it might affect pension/AVC. You should be entitled to pay for Bank Holiday Monday's or a day off in lieu. Methinks that you'll do enough hours to ensure that you are entitled to min. 20 days annual leave. Unless it's stressfully busy I wouldn't be too concerned about extra work over the 4 days, days might zip along. Personally I like the idea of a Wednesday off to break up the working week and simplify things re public holidays.

Apologies for raising an old thread but how are you calculating 4 day week will only cost 20% of net pay?

Apologies for raising an old thread but how are you calculating 4 day week will only cost 20% of net pay?
Simple maths. But you can just bang the numbers into an online tax calculator to check for yourself. If you reduce your gross income by 20% it shouldn't cost you more than 20% of your nett pay unless the lower pay level fails to utilise your full tax credits. If you are paying tax at 40% on some of your earnings then it will cost you less than 20% of your nett pay to reduce hours.

Back