Laya 2A 3C currently with LAYA renewal 01 sept

sparky11

Just looking for a bit of advice. 2 ad 3 ch currently with LAYA Essential First for adults and Essential Connect for children. renewal is up on 01 sept and it is for E1926.

Would I be better switching to AVIVA VAlue focus for Adults and Family Focus for children which I calculate to cost about E1500.

Any advice would be welcome as i really do get lost when reading all the different plans out there.

Hi sparky11,

The focus plans with Aviva are only worth considering if the restricted list of hospitals suits your location.
You can check out this restricted list for both plans as follows;
Adult plan hospital list; click on your county and list appears on-screen;

www.avivahealth.ie/focus-plans/just-enough-plans/?focus=value

Children's plan hospital list; click on your county and list appears on-screen;

www.avivahealth.ie/focus-plans/just-enough-plans/?focus=family

Also, your children have to be aged 5-17 years to qualify for the half-price.

If the Aviva hospital list does NOT suit your location, there is an alternative option with Laya with NO hospital restrictions.
Prices in brackets include a 3% charge if you pay by instalments;

LAYA Adult Option;
Essential Secure; price per adult; 495(509)pa; just public hospital cover, no outpatient cover.
www.hia.ie/ci/comparison/step3?285&299/

LAYA Childrens Option;
Family Care Plan; price child (1+2); 212(218)pa child 3; 179(182)pa; public,private + hi-tech cover, + good outpatient cover 50% refund gp etc.
www.hia.ie/ci/comparison/step3?282&50/

Overall Price;
2 adults x 509 = 1018
2 kids x 218 = 436
1 kid x 182 = 182
Total Price; 1636

Regards, Snowyb

Last edited:
cheers for that snowy, will have a look. I know it sounds lazy but I just cant get my head around all the different plans and its great to have your opinion

Aviva cover ALL public hospitals in an emergency on the focus plans. Vhi and Laya also have a couple of these restricted hospital policies .

Back