Irish Life Health 2A 3C August Renewal - switch from Aviva Business Plan Select

Janet1

Hi,

Currently all on Business Plan Select with Aviva but it's increasing to €3364 on renewal in August (from about €3000 last year).

I've been looking through previous posts and am thinking of switching to Laya Simply Health XS for myself and my husband, and Family Care plan for the 3 kids (assuming I get the special offer from Aug 1st) - this comes in at €2641. I've compared them on the HIA site and it the cover seems to be comparable.

I'm willing to drop outpatiant cover for the kids if I could get a better rate as they rarely attend the gp (tempting fate now!).

Is this the best choice or are there any better options?

Hi Janet1,

The only other alternative is with Aviva Health, they have a special offer on for children(aged 5 -17years)
until 26 August 2013. Details as follows;

Family Focus plan - child price 150 each - selected public and private hospital cover, limited outpatient cover.

www.hia.ie/ci/comparison/step3?133&343/

This is part of a new range of plans issued in June 2013. It covers 38 public hospitals, 22 public hospitals are not covered.
The 3 children's hospitals based in Dublin - Crumlin, Temple St and Tallaght are covered. You would need to click on the hospital list
to see if the childrens hospitals in your area are covered before considering this plan. If your requirements are on the list, its a good
plan worth considering at a reduced price.

Adult Aviva Options
The following 2 plans are worth checking out with Aviva, similar cover to your current plan at cheaper prices;

1. Health Plan 06; price per adult 980pa - same hospital cover as before, similar outpatient cover with a 1 euro excess.

2. Health Plan 05; price per adult 946pa - same hospital cover as before, similar outpatient cover with 50 euro excess.

The only difference between these 2 plans is the outpatient excess amount 50euro.
www.hia.ie/ci/comparison/step3?133&309&307/

If your children's ages suit Family Focus plan and the relevant hospitals are included on the list, Aviva would be a cheaper option to choose.

If its not suitable for whatever reason, the Laya option is a very good alternative including outpatient cover for the children.

There are a couple of new Laya plans coming out on 1 Aug and 9 Aug - which maybe worth considering.
Details will be available on HIA.ie from their release dates.

Plenty of savings to be made at the moment.

What is your actual renewal date?

Regards, Snowyb

Last edited:
Thanks a million Snowyb - the Aviva plans would be great as the kids are all in that age bracket but renewal date is August 1st so looks like we'll miss out.
Is there any other Aviva option for the kids - I don't mind switching but it would save a bit of hassle not to have to.

Hi Janet1,

Your renewal date of 1 August is perfect timing, you WILL be able to avail of the reduced child price offer of 150 with Family Focus plan, so its happy days!

This offer is already up and running and will continue for the next four weeks, finishing on 26/8/2013.
Once your renewal date is within the next 4 weeks, you qualify for the offer.

You can also check out the plan details on Aviva website as follows;
www.avivahealth.ie/focus-plans/family-focus-plan/

The comparison with your current plan is as follows;
www.hia.ie/ci/comparison/step3?133&343/

Regards, Snowyb

Apologies snowyb - I misread your post and thought the offer wasn't available until the 26th.
Thank you so much for the great advice - you've just saved me €600!

If your children's ages suit Family Focus plan and the relevant hospitals are included on the list, Aviva would be a cheaper option to choose.

I cant find this list on the Aviva site. Can anyone post a list?

aj

List of hospitals and treatment + scan centres covered on Aviva Family Focus plan;

www.avivahealth.ie/focus-plans/just-enough-plans/?focus=family

You click on the map of Ireland for your particular area or county and a list of relevant hospitals will dropdown accordingly.

The Health Insurance Authority website also has a facility to view the hospital list of the 38 public hospitals covered and the 22 hospitals that are NOT covered.

www.hia.ie/ci/comparison/step3?343/

Click on heading 'inpatient' and click on the 'first aid kit with the red cross'
and the hospital list will appear on screen.

Snowyb

You click on the map of Ireland for your particular area or county and a list of relevant hospitals will dropdown accordingly.

Thanks Snowy,
Clicking on the map doesn't work but clicking on the list below the map works.

aj

Back