16 new ads placed on DoneDeal in past 5 Days to rent Holiday Home in Spain

Leper

With Covid-19 hitting Spain hard, the summer holiday season+ in Spain is already obviated. Can anybody explain the mindset of these advertisers?

I think they've just brought out a law/decree in the Canaries that no one with an apartment, holiday home, villa, etc, can rent out or have someone staying there from 21st March until 21st June. Huge fines and other measures will ensue with a lot of checking about to take place and people encouraged to report any violations of the decree.

Hi Leper, are you in Spain at the moment? I've seen some videos of very strict policing during lockdown.. Is it as bad in reality? Stay safe and healthy!

Morning Leper,
Glad to see you made it home safe and sound, I'm still here in Spain and by looks of it I will be here for longer than I was expecting
The place I'm staying in do both cycling holidays and Airbnb and are fully booked at the moment for the summer season
Nobody has cancelled yet but last Thursday my hosts received 4 enquires and a further 2 last night for summer availability
I presume the mindset of people and the advertisers at the moment is that sometime in the near future this pandemic is going to end and life will return to normal. Time will tell !!
Now I'm going to walk the dogs as its the only thing that I'm allowed to do outside :(

We returned from Spain nearly 3 weeks ago to attend a funeral. All the latest didn't start until after we had returned. Thanks for all the concern.

Back