12 Years and counting

BillK

Just wanted to share the fact that today is the 12th anniversary of my retirement - and it's still great!

Cheers Bill! I'll be heading your way in, ahh, eight years

Wow, it's great to see so many old people able to use them computer thingies.

Well done Bill, here's to the next 12 (and the 12 after that).

Why the sad face? I have well over thirty years to go, it feels like I have been working a lifetime as is.

All going well, decimated pension fund set to let me retire at 50, 21 years to go. Nice and early, too far away!

Why the sad face? I have well over thirty years to go, it feels like I have been working a lifetime as is.
I wouldn't mind chucking it in if I could afford to. I took a 1/2 pension 1/2 lumpsum in Canada a few years ago and will have to work 'til I'm 65 to qualify for the old age pension here. Oops, that's giving away my age

Congrats Bill, I'm waiting for my 6 numbers to come in, so I could retire tomorrow!

Haven't enough years behind me (and too many years ahead of me - hopefully!) to desert the sinking public sector ship just yet.....

Congrats Bill... am jealous. Still hoping my windfall comes early so I can retire at 26

Congrats Bill! Heres to another 12! I only have 27 years to go...Yippee! (unless they increase the retiremnt age!) so hopefully my AVC will pick up its value by then!

Thanks to all for your good wishes.
I would like to point out that, rather than being a layabout, I'm still doing my best for the world economy by going on holiday (with Mrs K) five or six times a year.

BillK