10k what should I do?

happy123

hey all
im hoping to get some advice from all you wise people out there!
I have 10k savings sitting in an AIB graduate current account that i have since college 3 years ago! Could anybody tell me what are my options to make the most out of it because i know there has to be some place better to put it.
Thank you :)

Re: 10k what should I do??!

Put into a Rabodirect account. They pay 5% on amounts up to 10k which is the best deposit rate out there at the moment.

I think Halifax have a 7% offer if you deposit €750 p/m

Don't confuse between lump sums and regular saver accounts. The Halifax 7% is a regular saver account and no use for a lump sum of 10K. A lump sum cannot be put into a regular savers account. Study 'Best Buys' forum.

Here's what I've been thinking. Lodge all savings in RB/NR. Each month transfer respective amount to whatever regular savings a/c I've chosen to get a higher interest rate. Good/bad idea?

Yes, that's the best idea if you don't want to go down the road of investing in equities.
Make sure that you read the small print for the regular savings accounts. Some are quite restrictive in your access to money.

hi guys
thanks for the advice
im thinkin of maybe going with Rabo.
it seems like the best option, just once id be able to take it out if i needed to at any stage. ill check out their web site. heard their add on the radio today too so maybe thats a sign!! ;)

Back