10 things Irish People can do to help the economy grow

Just a follow up.

Norway is a fantastic city and well laid on for the tourist. Purchased a 72 hour pass for €125 approx. and it covered all transport, all 33 museums, entry into two outdoor/indoor swimming pools, entry into reptile park, discounts in certain food outlets etc.

To go swimming here in Ireland i can easily pay up to €25 for a family of five. Food was expensive but I honestly didn't find it much more expensive then here. Coffee in a restaurant always offered a free refill, most we paid was €5 for a coffee and that was in a museum.

We did get a fab hotel deal that offered us 40% discount if booked so long in advance with a fabulous breakfast that allowed us to make a packed lunch from the buffet table - a practice everyone engaged in. Our room had two pull down bunk bed type beds that were excellent for the kids, which could be easily clipped back up making the room huge but being honest we never did as family room was plenty big. The travel cot for baby was in room already (how many times have I landed in hotel in Ireland and no travel cot and even once when delivered late in the evening it was dumped on the floor to put together ourselves). (As for paying €299 we thought we'd treat ourselves and although the room was lovely as was the "€20 per night room with a view" the breakfast lovely it had no jacuzzi and service lacking, had better value in Travelodge Limerick for €9 a night).

Service absolutely fab, major museums had a line of buggys that our three year old could happily borrow.

2. Spend €20 extra a week each household on something you would not normally get pref service related (meal out, coffee, go to the pub etc) (worth 416 Million)

Well, seeling that my salary has reduced by 400 pm and my mortgage has increased by 350 pm in the last 2 years, leaving me to find the extra 750, I'll be spending as little as possible.

4. Holiday in Ireland this year (some one need to say how this will help us)

Yes, I'll be holidaying in Ireland - in my own home!

5. cut down on buying in the north.

Never did buy stuff there - it's too far away.

6. cut down on your online purchases from companies based abroad?

Are you nuts?! At this stage, I can't afford to be concerned about child labour/airmiles/ or anything else bar: is it worth the money? Do I really really need this?

Back