1,500 flee country per week in ‘brain drain’

Any figures for emigration are guesstimates, seeing nobody stands at the airport asking people why they are leaving the country.

I 'emigrated' for 10 years, got a great education while away and always intended to return. Is it emigration if it's temporary? I left in the early 80s and so did many of my friends. Some returned, some didn't.

Any figures for emigration are guesstimates, seeing nobody stands at the airport asking people why they are leaving the country.

I 'emigrated' for 10 years, got a great education while away and always intended to return. Is it emigration if it's temporary? I left in the early 80s and so did many of my friends. Some returned, some didn't.

But sure that wouldn't make a really great headline, would it.

Everything has to be made as bad as possible these days.

I would consider that emigration

Some of those leaving to work elsewhere would be leaving even if the Tiger was still booming.

Some people like to go and work around the world, experience new things.

Back