Your most useful purchase.

My Car !!!
Payed about €6000 for it 5 years ago and still goes like a dream!!
Laughs when going through the NCT and never breaks down :)

Me too, only ours was €2000 6 years ago from a family member who did us a favour on the price. Probably doesn't have long left in her (approaching her 13th birthday) but when she goes she'll owe us nothin'.

The Holy Grail...my putter literally had a mind of it's own. So did my last two come to think of it :eek: . I play golf left handed and things got so bad a few months ago I started practicing with a righthanded putter. (wasn't too bad either relatively speaking). So I spend about a month and a half practicing and glad to report that the putting is sorted and I've knocked 2.5 off my handicap. Anyway...back to the thread...my most recent purchase was a Golf Buddy Platinum...a golf GPS device for 400 euro. It's savage and I'm a happy bunny for now.

Are those actually legal? I know rules are taken very seriously in golf.
Is estimating the distance not part of the game? Could you use your GPS in a competition?

Just wondering, golf can be old fashioned about these things

I think they're legal in most clubs now but have to be cleared by a local rule, passed by the committee. Open to correction on that........

You could argue, Micmlco, that they give you a yardage, like a 150 or 200 yard marker does, which would be like having a marker at every single yard of distance from the hole.

I think they're legal in most clubs now but have to be cleared by a local rule, passed by the committee. Open to correction on that........

Spot on. Yardage-only devices qualify and local rule required...if the device can be used to measure wind/gradients in a GUI competition/shield etc it's disqualification. I was putting off buying one but I must say it's handy if you're in the wrong fairway!

Probably the then top-of-the-range Dawes Super Galaxy bike that I bought with my first emergency tax refund in 1982. It lasted me for over 25 years, around all parts of the east coast, with occasional trips further, like the Maracycle. I was really miffed to have to sell it off a few years back, but I really needed an MTB to allow me to avoid traffic by choosing a grassy route.

Back