You dont hear many pop stars singing for palestine

NOAH

Just watched a shocking report by C4 from Gaza, Israel should be ashamed, this is a people who know what persecution was like. You don't hear many pop stars singing about the plight of Gaza, I wonder why??

noah

what about 'Illegal attacks' by Ian Brown? I disagree with every word of the song, but still like the tune.

Just watched a shocking report by C4 from Gaza, Israel should be ashamed

Shocking alright but not all that surprising. Except perhaps to those who somehow feel IDF soldiers are incapable of doing bad things.

Here's the

Gaza report starts around 4:30

Maybe it’s for the same reason they didn’t sing about the 8’000 rockets that Hamas fired into Israel first.

Israel does not care what anybody or any country thinks. (Imho)- Israel probably thinks that the Palastinians are no more than vermin that need to be exterminated.

They're probably bored with all the fuss.

Maybe it’s for the same reason they didn’t sing about the 8’000 rockets that Hamas fired into Israel first.

I bet they weren't Uranium enriched rockets that will cause a multide of cancers over the coming years .

The Israely army have used Uranium bombs on innocent civillians. Everybody is still on Edge and afraid of being called anti semitic becuase of the hardship Jewish people suffered during world war 2 but come on, This does not give them a licence to exterminte people they don't like.

I bet they weren't Uranium enriched rockets that will cause a multide of cancers over the coming years .

The Israely army have used Uranium bombs on innocent civillians. Everybody is still on Edge and afraid of being called anti semitic becuase of the hardship Jewish people suffered during world war 2 but come on, This does not give them a licence to exterminte people they don't like.
This has all been covered here

Things are bad enough out there without Bono, Geldof and the bould Mother Bernadette Mary putting the kybosh on things.:)

Thanks for replies. I defy anyone who wathces that Gaza report can then with a straight face say the destruction was justified! Apparently Gaza is only 8 miles wide and 25 miles long!!!!

noah

Thanks for replies. I defy anyone who wathces that Gaza report can then with a straight face say the destruction was justified! Apparently Gaza is only 8 miles wide and 25 miles long!!!!

noah

Channel 4 aren't exactly unbiased in their reporting on Israel.

Channel 4 aren't exactly unbiased in their reporting on Israel.

Apparently every station that criticises Israel in any shape of form is biased or so people claim. Can you name one international station that you consider unbiased in their reporting of the conflict and we can see what they say? Did you watch the programme? Even Israel has now admitted that they used phosperous shells in built up areas but are claiming it wasn't military policy. Every international organisation on the ground from the UN to the Red Cross to Amnesty are now calling for full investigations into what happened in Gaza. Are they biased against Israel as well?

Yes of course. It must have been Hamas tanks that drove through the Palestinian cemetery and disturbed the dead. Trust Channel 4 News to be so easily taken in and believe it was the Israelis :rolleyes:

Yes of course. It must have been Hamas tanks that drove through the Palestinian cemetery and disturbed the dead. Trust Channel 4 News to be so easily taken in and believe it was the Israelis

I agree!

Last edited by a moderator:
Israel has questions to answer about its actions in Gaza but that in no way apportions moral superiority on Hamas. If those lunatics had the sort of power the IDF had there wouldn’t be a Jew alive in the Middle East.

Israel has questions to answer about its actions in Gaza but that in no way apportions moral superiority on Hamas. If those lunatics had the sort of power the IDF had there wouldn’t be a Jew alive in the Middle East.

Totally agree with you. However , watching John Ging ( retired Irish Army Officer ) today , I think the IDF have a lot of questions to answer. It's no accident that all this happens in the last of the Bush era. In my opinion , the IDF by their actions have just run a huge recruitment drive for the fanatics and yes, I would be very slow to get involved in the politics of Palestine groups when many do support Hamas whose stated aim is to wipe Israel from the face of the earth.

Well, I think that's a fair position and I certainly wouldn't like to see Hamas with anything like the power the IDF has at its disposal either. For me reports like the above show that there are two sides to this conflict and that Israelis are capable of inflicting great cruelty on Palestinians just as Palestinians have on Israelis. It's not simply a black and white good versus evil fight between the forces of democracy on one side and those of extremism and intolerance on the other. There are underlying elements of an ugly sectarian and racist conflict to it as well. If someone is critical of Israel and adopts a position seen as sympathetic to the Palestinians it shouldn't automatically be dismissed as some kind of ill-informed trendy left-wing posturing. There are real injustices and grievances that Palestinians have suffered over the years under Israeli occupation. It's as much in Israel's own interests that these be acknowledged and addressed as it is for everyone else. One can only hope that under President Obama there might be some renewed momentum for peace but it's hard to be optimistic given the history of previous peace efforts.

The Palestinian people were sold out by the Arab League in the 40’s. Why is it that their oil rich neighbours can give them missiles and religious extremism but can’t give them money to build hospitals?
Israel does indeed have questions to answer, especially in how they administered the occupied territories since the 80’s and their policy of settlement in the West Bank, but while those in the Arab world that bleat about the Palestinians continue to oppress and subjugate their own people their criticism is deeply flawed and utterly hypocritical.

The West Bank; created by Jordan when it illegally invaded and took it by force from the UN mandated territory of Palestine with the rest of the then Arab League in 1948 in order to kill every Jew in Palestine, and taken by force by Israel in 1967 when the Arabs again invaded and tried to kill every Jew in Israel.
Gaza; created by Egypt when it illegally invaded and took it by force from the UN mandated territory of Palestine with the rest of the then Arab League in 1948 in order to kill every Jew in Palestine, and taken by force by Israel in 1967 when the Arabs again invaded and tried to kill every Jew in Israel.
The Golan Heights: Settled by both Jews and Arabs from the 1850’s onward. Jewish settlers who had put everything into building farms etc were expelled when it was given by Britain, when it part of British administered Palestine, to French administered Syria. Occupied by Israel after the ’67 invasion because of its strategic importance.

Back