Xmas Dinner for work- any suggestions for a quick game?

adorado

Hello,

We are having dinner with the team next week and I would like to do a small/quick game with the team.

Las year we did the Italian Job, so we all brought something from Italy and we chose a winner.

Any ideas?? We are a small team, about 10. I have the prices arranged, just looking for the game!

Thanks everybody!

how about doing a White Elephant. The purpose of this is eveyone has something lying around the house that they dont want, something horridly ugly that they got as a gift and is unwanted. (If there is someone that doesnt have something, they can go and buy an item - or you can ask everyone to buy something value €10.00).The criteria for the gift is that it must be wrapped and it must be anonymous and you pull out names of your team and ramdomly distribute the gift. Its funny when the giver of a particular gift has to take it home and hope that the following year may be the year he can dispose of his White Elephant. Anyway all the gifts are normally funny and it is a great starter and ice breaker.

Last edited:
Thanks!

I also thought about choosing a topic and everybody has to elaborate something around it: poem, song, whatever...but can't decide what topic!

I also thought about choosing a topic and everybody has to elaborate something around it: poem, song, whatever...but can't decide what topic!

That reminds me why I hate work xmas parties...... humbug :)

Thanks!

Very David Brent! ;) - too much hard work for a Christmas do!

Some people won't actually drink, believe it or not...it's more a meal than a party.

What about just letting people enjoy the meal????
I don't attend too many work nights out because in my workplace it appears that the organisers assume that without a theme it couldn't be 'great craic' . I personally would rather go out have a few drinks, a nice meal and enjoy the conversation as opposed to being forced to endure someone else's idea of fun.

I don't attend too many work nights out because in my workplace it appears that the organisers assume that without a theme it couldn't be 'great craic' . I personally would rather go out have a few drinks, a nice meal and enjoy the conversation as opposed to being forced to endure someone else's idea of fun.
OK - I won't mention my "loveliest photocopied bum" competition idea so.

Totally agree, nice meal, bit of dancing :p http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTSBY8J6sU8

Back